Networking and Cyber Security Specialist
Think Like a Hacker
Today’s information networks are under constant threat from theft, fraud, and sophisticated viruses. As businesses make large investments in innovative technology, they are depending more and more on specialists to protect the safety and integrity of their systems and information.
What can I expect?
Our 20-month Networking and Cyber Security Specialist option allows you to perform actual network intrusions, so you can anticipate and defend against future threats. You will also learn how to install and manage information security systems, as well as how to gather and analyze data for computer crime investigation.
You can expect to gain maximum experience in networking and security. As a student, you will spend approximately 80% of your time doing the work of a security specialist. To make sure you have the job experience you’ll need, we also require a 180-hour internship.
In addition, Lake Area Tech offers CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) – an advanced certification that will give you a HUGE advantage in the networking field and more job opportunities. In a national competition testing network savvy and skill, Lake Area Tech students consistently earn top places among other student peers across the country.
Our graduates also have the option to take advantage of articulation agreements with universities, which means when a student graduates with a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Information Systems at Lake Area Tech, they can transition to the university with two years of study that will count towards their Bachelor’s Degree!
- Networking and Cyber Security Specialist Semester Course Outline
- Networking and Cyber Security Specialist January Start Semester Course Outline
- Networking and Cyber Security Specialist E-Degree Semester Course Outline
- Networking and Cyber Security Specialist E-Degree January Start Semester Course Outline
- CIS Placement Report
- Laptop Info
- General Information & Frequently Asked Questions
- DSU CIS – Network Sp CISCO
- DSU CIS – Network Sp
DSU CNS – Network Specialist CISCO
- DSU CNS – Network Specialist
- MSUM Operations Management for Network Specialist
- MSUM Operations Management for Networking & Cyber Security Specialist
- MSUM Project Management for Networking & Cyber Security Specialist
- Western Governors University for Networking and Cyber Security