Menu icon

Other Financial Aid Sources

National Guard Benefits

Members of the National Guard may qualify for state and/or federal tuition assistance, along with monthly stipends under the Chapter 1606 or 1607 programs. Contact your commanding officer for more information. Also, make sure you visit with the Financial Aid Office to obtain the necessary paperwork for your monthly benefits so that we can certify your eligibility with the VA in St. Louis.

Tribal Higher Education Funding

If you think you might qualify for funding through your tribe, you can obtain application materials through your local tribal education office. There are typically deadlines for reviewing applications and making awards.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Assistance is generally available for individuals with mental or physical impairments. Contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation Office for more information. For a list of Vocational Rehabilitation Offices in South Dakota and the counties they serve, click here.

Workforce Investment Act (WIA)

This program is funded by the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation. Economically disadvantaged students may qualify for grants if enrolled in certain educational programs. Contact the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Office in your area.