Why Partner with Lake Area Technical Institute?
Lake Area Technical Institute, located in Watertown, South Dakota, offers 29 programs of study (12 online e-degrees) to its 2,400+ enrolled students. Established in 1965, Lake Area Tech was the first technical institute in South Dakota. In March 2017, Lake Area Tech was named the number one two-year college by the Aspen Institute. Statistics include:
- 20,000+ graduates
- 98.56% of our graduates are employed or are continuing education
- 86% of our graduates have stayed to live and work in South Dakota
- 83% Retention Rate
- 75% Student Employment
What is a Partnership with Lake Area Tech?
Lake Area Technical Institute sincerely appreciates its relationships with our partners who provide support on a number of levels. We feel this support directly impacts the success of our students from the very first day of classes through graduation day. Partnerships with Lake Area Tech could include providing much needed program equipment, scholarships, financial donations, advisory board participation, internship sites, employment, etc. No matter the level, we would appreciate the chance to visit with companies who are interested in forming a relationship with Lake Area Tech.
What kinds of Partnerships are available?
- Build Dakota Scholarships/Stretch the Million Partnerships
- In an effort to ‘stretch’ the available dollars in the Build Dakota Scholarship program, we invite industry partners to consider this unique opportunity to participate as a “Stretch the Million” partner. Learn more by visiting our Foundation Scholarships page.
- Learn Where You Earn
- In its efforts to help fill the workforce gap, Lake Area Technical Institute now offers Registered Apprenticeships in select programs for students who wish to secure a degree in a high-demand field while earning a salary. The Learn Where You Earn apprenticeship combines classroom theory and valuable on-the-job, hands-on training at a participating business/industry. Visit our Apprenticeship page to learn more.
- Several programs at Lake Are Tech require a student to complete an internship in order to graduate. We sincerely appreciate business partners who provide these valuable, hands-on learning experiences for our students.
- Impact Partners
- Recognizing funding shortages, some Impact Partners generously provide financial contributions for campus improvements, program enhancements, and scholarships; while others donate equipment and materials for vital lab instruction. Impact Partners also serve on program advisory boards which help to guide and develop curriculum. Learn more about Impact Partners here.
- Donations (In-Kind, Cash)
How to become a Partner with Lake Area Tech.
Learning more about becoming a partner with Lake Area Tech is easy. The first step is simply to contact the Lake Area Tech Business Partner Specialists to discuss partnership possibilities. Contact us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Or, give us a call at 1-800-657-4344 and ask for Julie Stevenson or Shane Swenson.
More Partnership Information
Women in Skilled Trades
USA Today Insert
Employer Job Postings
Connect With Our Students
Career Search Expo
We Can Help Your Company
Our Corporate Ed Offerings