Student Activities & Organizations
At Lake Area Tech, we think there’s more to life than hitting the books! We encourage our students to get involved in activities outside of the classroom. We’re big enough to offer tons of fun things to do and small enough to deliver.
Getting involved is a great way to meet new friends. So whether you’re into sports, music, planned activities, or clubs, we have it all! Our intramural sports program offers softball, volleyball, and basketball leagues that last most of the school year, so you’ll be sure to stay busy while you’re here.
- Like arts and crafts? Student Activities hosts a variety of activities that allow you to show off your creativity. Try a painting class, a pumpkin decorating contest, or even a snow sculpture contest!
- Is running around and sweating off that stress more your style? We have monthly Laser Tag and Archery Tag events at the Watertown National Guard Armory!
- Like chilling out? Grab a bite to eat from Market 65 and hang out on our new patio furniture outside, or jump online and relax in the student center.
There’s no excuse for being bored on our campus. Take the first step, which is simply attending one of the events or signing up for an activity. That’s it!
What’s going on now? Click here to see the Calendar of Events.
Student Clubs and Organizations
Lake Area Tech provides a variety of clubs and organizations, including:
- American Dental Assistants Association, Student Chapter
- American Physical Therapy Association, Student Chapter
- Associated General Contractors, AGC Student Chapter
- Automotive Tech Club
- Campus Activities Board
- Campus Crusade For Christ
- Diesel Tech Club
- Drone Racing Club
- eSports Club
- Home Builders’ Association, Student Chapter
- Laboratory Technology Club
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Club
- Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization (PASO)
- Rodeo Club/Team – For more information contact Rodeo Team advisor Greg Miller Greg.Miller@lakeareatech.edu
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Medical Assistants Organization
- Student Voice
- US Trap and Skeet
New! eSports and Drone Racing Clubs
Lake Area Tech is excited to invite students to join the new eSports and Drone Racing clubs! Our new arena is located directly across from the Net and includes the latest in gaming systems and drones for racing. Coaches are in place and ready! Students who wish to participate must be a full-time Lake Area Tech student (or accepted into a program) and will need to meet eligibility requirements and follow the written Code of Conduct.
Students interested in becoming an eSports or Drone Racing team member may stop in the arena during open hours or contact LATC Student Activities Coordinator Hannah Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.