2018 Dual Credit Registration
Welcome to the Dual Credit Enrollment webpage. The information here will be helpful for:
- High school students who are interested in enrolling in a dual credit (also known as dual status) class at Lake Area Technical Institute
- Parents of students interested in enrolling in dual credit classes
- High school counselors or administrators
If you’re a high school student who is interested in gaining knowledge in an area of study at Lake Area Tech, then dual credit enrollment might be an option for you. Dual credit enrollment means high school juniors and seniors can enroll in one of many classes right here at LATI (on-campus and/or online) and potentially earn college credit toward your desired career area. Click on these links for more information:
2018 Fall Course Offerings
2018 Summer Course Offerings
2017-2018 Spring Course Offerings (For planning purposes only – May change for the 2018-2019 school year)
Dual Credit Application
Information needed in addition to your online application. Your application will not be processed until the following materials are submitted:
- The Dual Credit approval form is available at http://sdmylife.com/uploads/DualEnrollmentApprovalFormFields.pdf
- This form must be signed by the student, a parent/guardian, and a school official. Please print and submit via email, mail or fax.
- High School Transcript
- Registration for any course marked with a T (ENGL101T, PSYC101T, etc.) will need verification of qualification based on the SD Board of Regents GPA, class rank or ACT/Accuplacer testing requirements. MATH102T must have a 20 MATH ACT or 76 Elementary Algebra Accuplacer. ENGL101T must have an 18 English ACT or 86 Sentence Skills Accuplacer. Please provide either an ACT, accuplacer or smarter balance score if it is not included on your transcript.This information can be emailed, mailed, or faxed to Lee Quale, contact information below. You will not be registered for courses until these materials are received.Once all information is submitted and your application is processed you will receive a mailed confirmation with your username and password to access your course schedule and additional portal and email information We are excited to have you as a LATI student and hope you have a terrific experience!
Retention and Dual Credit Coordinator
Lake Area Technical Institute
1201 Arrow Avenue
PO Box 730
Watertown, SD 57201
(605) 882-5284 Ext. 220
Frequently Asked Questions For Accepted Students
Will you be a successful online student? Take this short Online Survey!
As a parent of a potential dual credit student, you most likely have questions regarding your child becoming a dual credit student. Below you’ll find a link to some of the most common questions parents have about this process.
Frequently Asked Questions For Parents of Dual Credit Students
High School Counselors or Administrators
High school counselors or administrators play an important role in helping the high school student become a successful dual credit student. Below are some helpful links to information related to the process.
Career Interest Inventory
Successful Online Student Survey