The Next-Generation Accuplacer test is required for students who do not have Smarter Balanced test scores or ACT scores that qualify them for admission to their Lake Area Technical College program.
The Accuplacer test is an untimed test consisting of 20-25 questions in each section (Math, Reading, and Writing). The test typically takes 1-2 hours. You will receive test results at the conclusion of the test.
To complete Accuplacer testing for LATC, you have several options:
- In-person testing at LATC
- Online via Zoom
- At another testing facility near you
If you would like to study for the Accuplacer, you can do so by following these directions:
- Sign up for a free account
- Choose Accuplacer
- Choose practice tests-Reading, Writing, and Quantitative Reasoning Algebra and Statistics.
The “LEARN AS YOU GO” feature is a great way to brush up on your skills with immediate feedback.
The “PRACTICE TEST” resembles the real testing environment, including the calculator and highlighter functions and the ability to save practice test history.
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a standardized test used by many nursing schools and allied health programs to assess a candidate’s readiness for their program.
The exam takes approximately three to four hours to complete and has four parts: Math Skills, Reading, Science and English/Language. Students can take the test up to 3 times to improve scores; however, please note that there needs to be at least 15 business days between test attempts.
Applicants are required to set up an account through the ATI testing website: www.atitesting.com.
*You do not need to register for a test when you create an account. Test registration should be done through Lake Area Tech. You will pay for the test on the day that you take it.
Options to take the TEAS test:
- In-person testing at LATC or remotely proctored by LATC staff: fill out this form to schedule your test with us. The cost of the test is $70 plus tax which is required on the day of testing. Please bring a credit/debit card.
- Testing at another test center: if you don’t live nearby and would prefer not to test remotely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
We can help you find a testing center near you.
An ATI-TEAS study manual and/or practice assessment is recommended to prepare for the exam and are also available on the ATI website. Additionally, here are some other resource options:
Potential LATC Students:
- Sample questions and a sample test: https://atitesting.com/teas/teas-prep/free-teas-practice-test.
- TEAS Study Aid Apps
Current LATC Students:
- Contact the library (email@example.com) for information about using Learning Express and Brainfuse to study for the TEAS test.
- Some study books are available in the library.
ATI Comprehensive Predictor NCLEX-PN
If you are applying for the RN program and need to take the ATI Comprehensive Predictor PN test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jenna Jewell (email@example.com) for testing options.
Meet Our Team
Jenna Jewell, Librarian & Academic Support Coordinator
Jenna is located in the library and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
605-882-5284 ext. 235
Nikki Christensen, Library/Program Office Assistant
Nikki is located in the library and is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
605-882-5284 ext. 231
Justus St. Sauver, Academic Support Coordinator
Justus is located in room 211 and is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
605-882-5284 ext. 399
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday 7:30 AM-4:00 PM