Developmental Disabilities Option
Experience the rewards. This option will prepare you to assist people with developmental disabilities (autism, Down syndrome, learning disabilities, etc.). You could work with individuals in schools, in group homes, or in a developmental training center. Make a difference by helping people to:
- Practice independent living skills
- Choose healthy, positive activities
- Participate in social activities
- Engage in meaningful employment
- Communicate their needs with family and medical professionals
As a student of the Developmental Disabilities option, you can expect interactive, experience-based learning. We have carefully designed the coursework to include opportunities to practice care and support methods. We also require a four-week internship at the end of your second semester.
Choose to graduate with a diploma after 9 months, or get an 18-month Associate of Applied Science degree—it’s up to you!