“The Foundation is the pivotal piece in Lake Area Tech’s ability to offer the next level of excellence – and also vital to making higher education financially attainable for many of our students. Further, the Foundation is important to LATI’s long-term growth and stability by enhancing relationships with individuals and families, and business and industry for the benefit of its students.”Michael Cartney, President - LATI
Support Lake Area Tech!
- 92% of our students receive financial assistance
- 75% of our students work part-time of full-time while attending LATI
- 44% receive the Federal Pell Grant
Strengthening the State and Region:
- 99.12% of our 2015 LATI graduates are employed or are advancing their education.
- 81% of our 2015 LATI graduates chose employment opportunities in South Dakota.
Changing Lives & Launching Careers:
- Recent graduates earn 40% more than other new hires in the region!
- Providing opportunities to enable people to change their lives and launch careers means ensuring programs are current, relevant, and available to those who pursue them.
- Leadership and partnership will expand emerging technologies for our students and will increase training capacity for current students and future generations.
*Information based on 2015-16 Statistics
Areas that need your Investment
Impact where it is most needed
Merit Award Program
Equipment & Training Aids
Designated accounts, created by contributors, that permanently establish scholarship awards or program support by utilizing the annual interest earned on the principal of the account. Endowed accounts create support in perpetuity. Generally endowed accounts are established with an initial gift of $15,000 or more.
To honor this type of investment in Lake Area Tech, a special plaque displays the name of the account and its contributors on the Wall of Recognition.
For information on creating an endowed fund contact the Lake Area Tech Foundation office.
Donor Directed Funds
Often times, contributors make annual gifts to the Foundation which are designated for scholarship awards or specific program support. Annual gifts provide donor flexibility from year to year.
Lake Area Tech continues to work hard to meet the growing needs of business and industry for a skilled workforce. Very few colleges throughout the country can say they have had twelve consecutive years of growth and a 99.12% graduate placement.
Our success is attributed to our exceptional faculty and staff, the great partnerships we have with business and industry, and amazing community and statewide support.
- As enrollment increases – the role (and the responsibility) of the Foundation increases!
- The Foundation received a record number of scholarship applicants this past spring demonstrating that the need for student scholarship opportunities continues to rise as well.
- Thank you for providing support to help ensure we have continually support our students at Lake Area Technical Institute.
Making a gift “Today”
One of the most common gifts to the Lake Area Technical Institute Foundation is through a one-time cash contribution. Your gift can be designated to a particular scholarship, program or given as an unrestricted gift to be utilized where there is greatest need.
A memorial or tribute gift is a wonderful way to honor a parent, mentor, or other loved one who has impacted you
Often, a donor can maximize the impact by pledging a gift amount to be made over a five-year period.
The actual tax deduction of your contribution will vary due to your tax rate and other factors.
Below is a link to the Giving Calculator compliments of the Charity Navigator site.
“Simply enter the amount you’d like to give and your federal tax bracket (see chart). The calculator will display the net cost of the donation and the tax savings. You may be surprised to learn that you can afford to be even more generous than you thought.” Charity Navigator
Use Giving Assistant to save money and support Lake Area Technical Institute Foundation
Members of the Legacy of Excellence society share a strong common bond of generosity that collectively ensures the Institute’s continued excellence in technical education for the future.
Ways to Give
- Bequests – planned gifts that can be designated in your Will. You can designate an actual dollar amount or a percentage of assets; or your legacy gift could be in the form of personal property/assets.
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Beneficiary Designations:
- Naming LATI as a beneficiary for a CD, brokerage account, bank account, etc.
- Naming LATI as a beneficiary on your Life Insurance Policy or Retirement Plan. Many people choose to name charitable organizations as final beneficiaries to reduce taxes while supporting the organization.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: You can designate a specified amount of money in a qualifying Trust, which will provide income to you (and your spouse) for life. The principal will be paid to the Foundation upon your demise or upon a specified date.
- Gifts of Property – non cash property such as securities or real estate
- Gifts of Personal Property – In-kind gifts of equipment, material, supplies, vehicles, art, antiques, jewelry, etc.
Gifts of many different types are generously given to Lake Area Technical Institute each year.
Always contact your financial planner and/or tax preparer to advise you on planned gifts.
To name Lake Area Technical Institute Foundation as a beneficiary on any of your accounts, contact your bank, insurance company, legal counsel to determine whether a change of beneficiary form needs to be completed.
Making an IMPACT today and into the future:
If you have already included LATI in your planning, please let us know so that we can include you on our Donor Wall and also have plans in place to carry through your wishes for your legacy gift.
Planned Giving . . . a gift to Lake Area Tech for the future, a gift that you perhaps are not able to give today!
Planned Giving . . . a gift that will strengthen workforce development in our local community, in South Dakota and the entire region for years to come.