All steps of the Practical Nursing application process must be completed by the application priority deadline for each of the options below. Applications received on or after the priority deadline will be reviewed for consideration to the wait list. Late applicants are encouraged to complete the required application steps in a timely manner.
On-campus part-time applications are accepted from April 1, 2023 until October 1, 2023 for spring 2024 program. Transcript deadline is October 1, 2023.
On-campus full-time program (at Lake Area Tech and Capital City Campus) applications accepted from September 1, 2023 until February 1, 2024 for fall 2024 program. Transcript deadline is February 1, 2024.
E-Degree part-time applications accepted from April 1, 2023 until October 1, 2023 for the spring 2024 program.
E-Degree full-time applications accepted from September 1, 2023 – February 1, 2024 for fall 2024 program.
1) Submit completed application and fee using the Online Application.
2) Complete the ATI-TEAS entrance exam. The exam must be completed by the application deadline. The ATI-TEAS is offered at Lake Area Tech Monday through Friday, except holidays. Select Saturday appointments are available also. Check with the Admissions Office for those dates and for summer test dates. A photo ID must be presented to take the exam. The TEAS can be taken up to three times. Applicants are required to set up an account through the ATI testing website: www.atitesting.com. Applications received after the priority deadline may still test. The cost of the exam must be paid with a credit/debit card at the time of testing. See website for the current cost of the exam. An ATI-TEAS study manual and/or practice assessment are recommended to prepare for the exam and are also available on the testing website.
The entrance exam takes about three hours to complete and has four parts: Math Skills, Reading, Science and English/Language.
3) Submit official high school and college transcripts. Transcripts must have an official school seal. Copies will not be accepted.
4) Verify completed application with the Admission Assistant at 1-800-657-4344 Ext. 290.
Acceptance to the Practical Nursing program will be based on the following criteria:
- ATI-TEAS Nursing School Entrance Exam score
- Most recent GPA score of 2.5 or better
- Completion of pre-requisite/recommended courses
Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial by letter. Students accepted into the Practical Nursing program will be asked to make an appointment with the department head of the nursing program. Students will also be required to provide a record of the following for the student file by the beginning of the school year:
- A physical examination within the last 12 months.
- Current immunizations, including MMR, DPT and polio.
- Mantoux test, current within the last year
- Hepatitis B titer showing positive results.
- Tdap (unless Td in the last 2 years)
- Varicella titer
The following immunizations are not LATC requirements but are required by LATC clinical partners. Proof of these immunizations or religious or medical exemption from the immunization is required to complete the nursing clinical component:
- Influenza vaccination
- COVID vaccination
Individuals who are certified nursing assistants or who have successfully completed the Northeast Technical High School health science course will be granted two credits for prior learning when a record of completion is made available to the Admissions Office.
Criminal background checks are performed on all students before clinical rotations at the student’s expense.