All steps of the application process must be completed by the application priority deadline.
E-Degree part-time applications accepted from April 1, 2022 until October 1, 2022 for the spring 2023 program.
On-campus part-time applications are accepted from April 1, 2022 until October 1, 2022 for spring 2023 program. Transcript deadline is October 1, 2022.
On-campus program applications accepted from September 1, 2022 until December 1, 2022 for fall 2023 program. Transcript deadline is December 1, 2022.
E-Degree full-time applications accepted from September 1, 2022 – March 1, 2023 for fall 2023 program.
1) Submit completed application and fee using the Online Application.
2) Complete the ATI-TEAS entrance exam. The exam must be completed by the application deadline. The ATI-TEAS is offered at Lake Area Tech Monday through Friday, except holidays. Select Saturday appointments are available also. Check with the Admissions Office for those dates and for summer test dates. A photo ID must be presented to take the exam. The TEAS can only be taken three times with a minimum of 15 days between dates.
The entrance exam takes about three hours to complete and has four parts: Math Skills, Reading, Science and English/Language.
The cost for the exam is approximately $75.00 and must be paid with a credit/debit card. An account must be set up through the ATI Testing website before taking the test. The ATI-TEAS Study Guide is recommended to prepare for the exam. The guide is available at ATI Testing. Practice assessments are also available for purchase in combination with the study guide through the online store.
3) Submit official high school and college transcripts. Transcripts must have an official school seal. Copies will not be accepted.
4) Verify completed application with the Admission Assistant at 1-800-657-4344 Ext. 290.
Acceptance to the Practical Nursing program will be based on the following criteria:
- ATI-TEAS Nursing School Entrance Exam score
- Most recent GPA score of 2.5 or better
- Completion of pre-requisite/recommended courses
Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial by letter. Students accepted into the Practical Nursing program will be asked to make an appointment with the department head of the nursing program. Students will also be required to provide a record of the following for the student file by the beginning of the school year:
- A physical examination within the last 12 months.
- Current immunizations, including MMR, DPT and polio.
- Mantoux test, current within the last year
- Hepatitis B titer showing positive results.
- Tdap (unless Td in the last 2 years)
- Varicella titer
Individuals who are certified nursing assistants or who have successfully completed the Northeast Technical High School health science course will be granted two credits for prior learning when a record of completion is made available to the Admissions Office.
Criminal background checks are performed on all students before clinical rotations at the student’s expense.