LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Website Human Service Agency
The mission of the Human Service Agency is to provide high quality human services that enable people to develop their fullest potential while maintaining the highest standard of ethical and fiscal responsibility.
Benefits & Perks:
– Paid Training
– Career Development Opportunities
– Full Benefits Package
– 401(k) with Company Match
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– Holiday, Vacation, Sick, and Bereavement Leave
– Referral Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Yearly Company Picnic
– Anniversary and Birthday Incentives
Description of Position:
The LPN assists people supported with Medical Needs. The LPN works closely and cooperatively with all agency staff to maintain a supportive atmosphere that is consistent with each individual’s health plan. Relationships with individuals will promote independence, encourage health maintenance and health seeking behaviors, and provide a health-seeking atmosphere that addresses each person’s physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
Job Knowledge and Comprehension:
– Assists people supported with medication administration.
– Ensure proper documentation is filed in individual medical and permanent files following medical appointments.
– Supervise people supported for medical/dental and other medical appointments as needed.
– Provide First Aid, medical follow-up, and record keeping for possible exposure incidents.
– Assists with health assessments of the people supported (may include: visual and hearing screenings, blood pressure reading, pulse and temperature readings, weight and height measurements, etc.)
– Other duties as assigned consistent with non-exempt functions.
Lifting requirements may exceed 50 lbs. during medical emergency situations and/or behavior support. Other physical activities include transferring people we support from and to wheelchairs, beds, toilets, and other required job duties. Job requires bending, stooping, climbing stairs, pushing/pulling, and driving a vehicle frequently.
Current South Dakota license as a LPN.
Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Successful completion of criminal background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.humanserviceagency.org.