District Housing Administrator – Housing Assistance Provided!
Website Eagle River Water and Sanitation District
Clean Water. Quality Life.
We are looking for an organized and reliable go-getter to join Eagle River Water & Sanitation District as the District Housing Administrator. This is an ideal position for someone with property management or customer service experience looking to grow their knowledge in a new and unique environment. The District Housing Administrator will act as liaison for all the moving pieces of our growing housing program. If you thrive on building relationships and care for people and processes, we want to meet you! You will work with employees living in District housing units as well as incoming and existing employees who are interested in living in District housing.
Our robust housing program takes care of our employees so they can do what they do best: provide efficient, effective, and reliable water and wastewater utility services to our customers.
Why work for us? This is a great opportunity for someone who is customer service oriented, loves variety in what they do from day-to-day and wants to make an impact in both the organization where you work and community where you live. Additionally, we have excellent benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage, employee housing & stipend program, relocation assistance (if applicable), retirement savings plans, ample opportunities for professional development and MORE!
The Day to Day:
· Property Management Duties:
· Work with employees on housing requests
· Prepare and enforce leases and subleases, complete all required paperwork, collect security deposits, and maintain records
· Ensure property is ready for new occupants
· Ensure proper management of Complaints/Emergencies as well as daily maintenance requests.
· Ensure smooth Move Ins/Outs using associated forms and processes are followed.
· Communicates with tenants and listens to their needs and maintains confidentiality
· Maintain property by investigation and resolving tenant complaints and enforcing rules of occupancy.
· Perform and arrange preventative maintenance to keep the properties in safe condition.
· Following applicable laws and rules, negotiate work bids and fill out for approval contract request forms with vendors for landscaping, snow removal, plumbing, painting, flooring, etc.
· Maintain appliances, determine if a repair is necessary or replacement. Shop for best price and warranty.
· Ensure security of premises and maintain security devices (smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers).
· Request approval of vendor and utility invoices.
· Homeowner Association
· Request for approval the monthly HOA dues for properties in a Homeowners Association.
· Enforce the rules and regulations of the HOA.
· Administer the Cattail and Stillwater HOAs, pay invoices, and maintain capital reserves for upcoming capital improvements.
· Bachelor’s degree in related fields; or two year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and SOPs.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to research, analyze, prepare, and/or review complex administrative and operating reports and records.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to exercise considerable initiative and sound judgment; recognize, analyze, and solve complex administrative problems; Must be able to maintain confidentiality; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to exercise considerable initiative and sound judgment; read and understand governmental publications, contracts, and simple legal documents; analyze administrative problems and develop and present sound conclusions and recommendations; plan, coordinate, research, compile, and analyze a variety of reports and projects.
· Must be able to use office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook Excel, Word and SharePoint required.
· Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
· Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential. Ability to work closely with other District Departments.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage a large variety of tasks and deadlines in a positive and productive manner.
· Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District’s standards.
· Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
· Ability to obtain and maintain Notary.
The hiring range for this role is $24.63 – $34.51. Hiring wage will depend on qualifications and experience, but typically falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
· Employee housing and $361 monthly housing stipend program
· Wellness program
· Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
· 13.5 Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
· Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
· $400 Annual Recreation Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Ski Pass, Electrical Vehicle, and Computer loan programs
Click HERE to learn more from our full 2022 Benefits Guide.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by September 30, 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.erwsd.org.