In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Timmerman Library is closed.
- Library services will be delivered remotely starting March 23, 2020.
- Library staff will provide virtual research assistance. Currently, you can contact a librarian by email or phone 605-882-5284, ext. 234.
- Online research can be done using our numerous electronic databases and ebook collections. Email library staff for off-campus usernames and passwords.
- All books currently checked out from LATI Library will be automatically renewed until May 5, 2020. *This does not apply to books borrowed through Interlibrary Loan. Please send questions regarding ILL to Nicki Yackley-Franken.
- Please hold on to checked-out items until the campus reopens.
- The LATI Library has temporarily suspended all in-person test proctoring.
Named after a founding father and former director of Lake Area Technical College, the Leonard H. Timmerman Library is our students’ go-to place for resources and educational services. Whether a student needs a quiet place to study, tutoring services, research materials, or a place to collaborate projects with other students, the library has it all.
The library’s collection of resources includes various online databases, ebooks, streaming educational videos, books, reference materials, magazines, journals and newspapers. Our full-time staff is available to assist students with research questions. Other services available through the library include interlibrary loan, computer access, printers, photocopier, collaborative workstations, and scanners. E-readers and iPads are available for loan.
The library, located in room 210 of the Main Building, supports both collaborative and individual study. The space also includes three study rooms students can use as quiet individual study spaces or as places to meet and work in groups. Library hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM and Friday 7:30 AM – 4 PM. If the school is closed due to weather or holidays, the library will also be closed. Summer hours will vary.
Learn about the library’s testing procedures here.
Explore this page and the various links provided to assist in all of your research needs.
What type of information are you looking for?
The Library is currently closed in response to COVID-19.
When LATI is closed, the library is also closed. For closed dates, see the Academic Calendar on LATI’s website.
Kanopy App – How to Download
Libby App for Overdrive – How to Download
Librarian br> Nicki is the librarian at Lake Area Technical College. In addition to her role as librarian, she also teaches gen ed classes and heads the All-Campus Read committee. Nicki joined the LATI team in 2006 after teaching composition for two years and being a journalist for one year. When she’s not at work, Nicki likes to read, write, camp, and fish. She also likes participating in her book club with friends and LATI co-workers. Nicki is married to Jeremy and they have two children, Mia and Brandon. She is a native of Sioux Center, IA, and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Briar Cliff University and her Master’s degree from Minnesota State University.
(605) 882-5284, ext. 234