Lake Area Technical College Automotive Technology Program Named Third in U.S. Ranking
For immediate release.
January 17, 2019
WATERTOWN, SD – Trade School Future today named Lake Area Technical College’s Automotive Technology program third on its Top 10 list of Best Automotive Trade Schools by Value. The primary criteria used to build the rankings were: average cost of tuition, typical debt-load of graduates, average early career salary, average mid-career salary, and graduation rate. Also taken into consideration were accreditation and a curriculum that includes Automotive Service Excellence certification.
Schools from across the nation, including a strong Midwest presence, were included on the Top 10 list:
- Frontier Community College – Illinois
- North Central Kansas Technical College – Kansas
- Lake Area Technical College – South Dakota
- Rosedale Technical College – Pennsylvania
- Mitchell Technical College – South Dakota
- Bates Technical College – Washington
- Salina Area Technical College – Kansas
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology – Pennsylvania
- State Technical College of Missouri – Missouri
- Northwest Iowa Community College – Iowa
It is a top priority for Lake Area Technical College’s Automotive Technology program to remain current with industry standards. All of the instructors are master-certified by ASE and the program is NATEF certified. In the 18-month program, students spend about 75 percent of their time working in the program’s 27,900 square foot auto repair shop, gaining valuable real-life work experience, and 25 percent of their time is spent in the classroom.