Diesel Mechanic (New Zealand)
Website The Kiwi Kit
New Zealand Recruitment & Relocation
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Job Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: NZD$30-35 per hour
Relocation Assistance: The employer will pay for flights to relocate the successful candidate to New Zealand.
Fees Coverage: The employer will cover fees required through the immigration and relocation process.
Accommodation Assistance: The employer will provide assistance with accommodation arrangements.
Pathway to Residency: This position offers a pathway to residency in New Zealand for eligible candidates.
Experience: Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of experience in diesel mechanics is preferred, but other lengths of experience will be considered.
Job Summary: As a Diesel Mechanic, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our diesel-powered vehicles and equipment. You will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining diesel engines, as well as performing routine maintenance tasks to keep our fleet in optimal working condition. Your technical expertise and attention to detail will be essential in minimizing downtime and maximizing the lifespan of our equipment.
- Diesel Engine Maintenance: Perform regular inspections, maintenance, and repairs on diesel engines, including but not limited to oil changes, filter replacements, and tune-ups.
- Diagnosis and Troubleshooting: Identify and diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues in diesel-powered vehicles and equipment using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Repair and Overhaul: Conduct major and minor repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds of diesel engines and associated components such as transmissions, brakes, and exhaust systems.
- Preventive Maintenance: Execute scheduled preventive maintenance tasks to prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of equipment.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of repairs, maintenance tasks, and parts used for each vehicle or equipment, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines while working on diesel engines and equipment to minimize accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Parts Management: Manage inventory and order necessary parts and supplies to support repair and maintenance activities efficiently.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with other mechanics and team members to solve complex technical problems and share knowledge and expertise.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training or certification in diesel mechanics is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Diesel Mechanic, with a strong understanding of diesel engine systems.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Competitive salary (NZD$30-35 per hour)
- Relocation assistance, including flight coverage
- Fee coverage for immigration and relocation
- Accommodation assistance
- Pathway to residency in New Zealand
- Training and development opportunities
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com