Website Sunkota Construction
On Your Horizon
The Sunkota Construction team is looking for full-time construction laborers.
If you are hardworking and dependable, we want you on our team! Experience in carpentry, concrete work, demolition, and excavation are essential, though we are willing to train candidates who demonstrate they are hard-working, reliable, and can learn quickly.
This position is full time, benefit eligible and the wage is negotiable depending on experience.
- Help build commercial structures or remodel existing commercial buildings
- Load and unload construction materials both manually and with the use of equipment
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and digging trenches
- Use of a variety of tools and machines including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by superintendent
- Comply with safety requirements
- Demonstrate quality workmanship
- Work with little supervision and as part of a team to complete construction projects
- Assist superintendents, carpenters, concrete and steel workers
- Commercial construction experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of carpentry, concrete and demolition work
- Able to use hand and power tools
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules and still maintain work quality.
- Adaptability and ability to change priorities as they dynamically shift
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Attention-to-detail and design
- Willingness to travel in market based on project location
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the jobsite including stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Apparel allowance
- Hiring bonus
- Growth Opportunities
If you are looking for a family oriented team, this could be the position for you! If you feel you would make a great asset to our team, please select the “apply now” option or stop in and fill out an application at 3412 N. Potsdam Ave, Sioux Falls.
You may also visit us online and check out our employment section at: www.sunkotaconstruction.com/employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.sunkotaconstruction.com.