Field Service Engineer (IT)
Website Source Support Services
Source Support Services is searching for talented freelancers to become part of our Source Techworks global, on-demand, 24/7 network of field service professionals and technical resource partners. Source Techworks field engineers (FEs) are our experts on the ground at each site, responsible for on-site installation, preventive maintenance, and break/fix repair for a wide variety of equipment on behalf of our world-renowned customers in Enterprise IT, Medical Technology, and Industrial Automation.
Source Techworks field service technicians enjoy various work opportunities to support mission-critical, cutting-edge systems for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their recognizable end-users across the Enterprise IT, Medical Technology, and Industrial Automation industries. Many of our clients have recurring needs for installation deployment, preventive maintenance, and break/fix repair events, which require field technician availability on a temporary/as-needed, but consistent basis throughout the year!
Independent (1099) career support
Our team is dedicated to your success every step of the way. We encourage you to take your independent field service career into your own hands and grow your skills using Source Academy – our comprehensive training and development program – which will allow you to expand and nurture your technical knowledge while gaining any number of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) authorized certifications. After training, you will collaborate with our on-demand Source Techworks support team to achieve optimal levels of service that our global community has come to depend on.
Education & Experience
- Min. 1 year experience or equivalent performing network and communication protocols or in a data center environment
- Knowledge of Network Types and structures
- Experience with Linux OS systems (e.g. Ubuntu and Suse)
- Experience with Switch OS (e.g. Arita, Pluribus, and Cumulus)
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to effectively interact with data center staff
- Proven hands-on dexterity, skills, and aptitude
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Ability to identify basics of Windows Administration
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Fluent in English
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and remain positive while providing exemplary customer service
- Able to work independently to complete assignments per instructions, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Must complete and pass a background check
- Must provide photo identification upon acceptance (per our customers’ site access protocols)
- Willingness to travel up to 60 miles one-way per assignment
- Ability to work in confined areas for extended periods of time
- Willingness to commit to PPE use when required
- Willingness to work with others
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone
- Ability to communicate clearly via email or text messages
To apply for this job please visit sourcesupport.com.