Website Roberts Conservation District
Roberts Conservation District encourages the preservation of our
Works independently of direct day-to-day supervision. Policy and program direction are received from the District Board of Supervisors. Performs management functions for the district and ensures program implementation. This position requires a strong managerial and administrative background. Reports to the Roberts Conservation District Board.
· Two-year degree in business, business management, or equivalent experience. Understanding of human resource management.
· 2 years’ experience in natural resource field and working knowledge of farming and conservation practices, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in working with diverse groups and individuals.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent financial management skills.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License and be willing to travel.
· Must successfully pass a security background check.
· Experience with conservation districts , state, and/or local administration and technical support of programs, grants, data management, planning/reporting procedures and implementation of conservation practices concerning the Conservation District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the Roberts Conservation Board of Supervisors.
· Serve as a positive, professional example to colleagues and constituents of the County and Roberts Conservation District through workplace actions, attitudes, decisions, management, and adherence to policy.
· Supervise, evaluate and direct all Conservation District personnel
· Manages state and local programs according to rules, regulations and program policies
· Prepares grant applications, plans and reports for the District
· Provide support to District Board
· Oversee financial affairs of the District
· Represent District on committees, boards, task forces and other functions requesting District expertise
· Seek opportunities to expand District programs through new ideas or grants that better achieve Conservation District vision, mission and identified goals
· Coordinate and develop education/outreach activities in accordance with District goals
· Manages tree planting and grass seeding services.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER and APPLICATION TO:
Calvin Thompson Chair
Roberts Conservation District
2018 SD Hwy 10 Sisseton, SD 57262
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com