Licensed Practical Nurse
Website Prairie Lakes Healthcare System
LPN – Primary Care
Join our team and be a part of our mission to deliver accessible, high-quality, affordable, and compassionate healthcare. Prairie Lakes Healthcare System is an independent, non-profit healthcare system serving 10 counties in northeastern South Dakota and west-central Minnesota. Our team at Prairie Lakes makes a difference in the lives of patients and their loved ones.
This position is responsible for nursing care of patients in the primary care clinic as directed by medical providers. Responsible for patient flow and assisting providers as necessary with examination. Provides nursing care for patients in accordance with established standards, policies, and nursing scope of practice.
· Coordinates the collection of all documentation required prior to the patient’s first visit including labs, x-rays, pathology reports, physician notes, etc.
· Assists as needed with patient assessments (vitals, reason for visits, etc.) adapting basic procedures to patient medical needs and treatment stage.
· Coordinates and ensures patients are in the room and ready for the physician to see.
· Prepares equipment and aids providers during treatment, examination, and procedures.
· Implements and notes physician orders.
· Directs patient flow as dictated by the treatment plan.
· Observes, records, and reports allergies and reaction to drugs. Administers medications as directed.
· Coordinates and assists with discharge instructions, follow-up care, diagnostic tests, and existing and new medication instructions.
· Administers and documents general nursing care.
We value our employees’ contributions and show our gratitude by proudly offering a competitive compensation and benefits package. At Prairie Lakes, we understand that working in the healthcare industry can be taxing on your mental health. To better support our employees, PLHS recently included mental health programs into our benefits package, as well as employee recognition programs. Benefits are available to qualifying employees working part-time or full-time.
A variety of the benefits for those qualifying can include:
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· Adoption Assistance
· Education Loan Program
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Community Discounts Including the Prairie Lakes Wellness Center
Holds or is eligible for licensure as a registered nurse/licensed practical nurse in South Dakota.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Three to five years of progressive clinical experience in a primary care setting or similar clinical experience preferred.
Mandatory Basic and Advanced Life Support Training per policy.
Prairie Lakes Healthcare System has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.prairielakes.com.