Office Assistant, Bookkeeping, Receiving
Website Overweg Repair
Hometown Repair From People Who Care
Job Title: Office Assistant/Bookkeeping/Receiving
Job Summary: Keep records of transactions for establishment by performing the following duties:
· Wear Appropriate Safety equipment as needed
· Attend company related work and safety meetings
· Assist other employees as directed by management
· Immediately report any damage to station equipment or facilities and to correctly fill out incident report as needed
· Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employees handbook and any addendums issued or posted at any time
· Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all times
· Use the phone in a professional manner, always with the intention of creating a long-term relationship between the repair shop and the customer
· To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty and respectfulness.
· Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all flammable or hazardous material
· Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management
· Second or Third person to answer the phone
· Alternate weeks to open office and filling the pop machine with other office assistant
· Prepare Estimates when needed
· Making Appointments via phone or in person
· Waiting on customers- Communicate with technicians to get help for the customers
· Call customers that need tires after reviewing the inspection sheets (4/32 or under)
· Post payments
· Work with management to ensure all customers have been called, keys are in the office
· Receive in parts, enter data in computer and put parts on appropriate shelf
· Call on parts that do not come in, check parts statuses including back orders
· U Haul Reservations and Checkout
· Tire Inventory and stock parts Inventory (With Corinne)
· Pick up parts when needed
· Offer customers the car care one credit card as financing
· Explain to customers all promos and warranties
· Put together statements if needed
· Order parts for the technicians
· Inventory- tracking, fixing, solving issues
· Stock order at night
· Warranty work
· Put confidential docs in drop box files
· Close shop office at 5 pm, make sure coffee is ready for next day, signs off, door locked. Make sure someone can finish up with any off roads still there before leaving.
· Help solve any problem even if it isn’t your area or error.
· Post payments, collect from customers that have not been paying their accounts, off road, accident or are new customers
· Other duties assigned
· Maintain the company slogan, “Hometown Repair From People Who Care” through their work and behavior
*Everyone’s job is to do whatever it takes to help the business run efficiently*
*Subject to Change at the administrator’s discretion*
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Experience: Associate Degree from tech school or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public. Must read and write English proficiently.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Current driver’s license
· Copy of degree received
· Letter of proof of experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far away vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and a is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org