Website Hefty Seed Company
Hefty Seed Company
Hefty Seed Company is a progressive, rapidly growing agriculture retailer that is offering agronomy internships at some of our locations. We are looking for someone with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while practicing safety. The desired candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent follow through skills and great verbal and written communication.
Description of Duties
1. Count inventory
2. Load/unload delivery trucks. Confirm receiving/transfer of products and quantities. Put away product promptly and keep stock organized.
3. Participate in agronomy trainings.
4. Assist with AgPhd Field Day.
5. Answer phones and greet customers.
6. Put up field signs.
7. Assist with customer load-out.
– Safely operate forklift and other equipment.
– Confirm paperwork, products and quantities.
– Protect customer vehicle from damage
8. Ride along to scout fields.
9. Take soil and tissue sampling after properly trained by Agronomist.
10. Perform housekeeping duties.
– Provide upkeep and maintenance of interior and exterior condition of warehouse such as sweeping floors, mopping containment, washing walls, cleaning and painting containment, covering product with cardboard, etc.
– Maintain appearance of office by cleaning and restock bathrooms, vacuuming carpeting, mopping floors, washing window and glass doors, and emptying trash.
– Sweep concrete walks and shovel snow and remove ice buildup.
11. Wash and vacuum interior and exterior of site vehicles and complete vehicle log.
12. Maintain grounds by weeding, spraying, fertilizing and mowing.
13. Perform other duties as assigned relating to operation of the Hefty Seed Company site.
*Interns and seasonal employees are not allowed to:
1. Make chemical or seed recommendations.
2. Pump bulk chemical.
Details – Job start date depends on your school year but no earlier than March 1. Job will run up to either August 1st or August 15th. You will have access to company pickup to drive as needed during the work day. You will have evaluation meetings with the senior agronomist/supervisor at your store.
Hours (approximately 55 hours per week)
Monday – Friday 7am-5:30pm Saturday 7am-noon + Plus extra hours as needed
South Dakota – Roscoe, Huron, Kimball, Aberdeen
Minnesota – Marshall, Olivia, Hancock, Winthrop
Iowa – Sheldon
For inquiries or to apply please submit resume to email@example.com or call 605-529-5412. You can also submit a resume through our website at heftyseed.com/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org