Website Glacial Lakes Energy
Start your career with GLE today!
Glacial Lakes Energy, an ethanol production facility located in Mina & Aberdeen, SD are now hiring a Maintenance Electrician.
Maintenance Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting and identifying the root cause, repairing or replacing parts, repairing, rewiring, and installing related instrument/electrical goods. They ensure that all work performed is in compliance with all local and national electrical codes. The Electrician is also responsible for communicating any problems or concerns with the Maintenance Manager. They must also inform the Maintenance Manager when parts are needed and maintain an inventory of the instrument/electrical/electronic parts. The Electrician is also responsible for assisting in developing, training, and reviewing all pertinent electrical programs and procedures. Employment for this position is conditioned upon successfully passing certain pre-employment requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
* Perform root-cause troubleshooting. Ability to repair or replace parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical goods including conduit and/or wiring
* Ensure that all work performed is completed by following all local and national electrical codes. Including, 480V, 220V, 110V, 24V DS, and 4-20 mA loops and circuits
* Maintain updated documentation of all electrical and or instrumentation changes implemented by said individual or contractors hired by the plant
* Inform management of any instrument/electrical parts needed and assist with maintaining the required instrument/electronic/electrical parts inventories
* Communicate and discuss any concerns and issues with the Maintenance Manager
* In the event of an emergency plant situation that would require electronic or instrument/electrical expertise, this individual should expect and would be called after hours, including weekends and holidays
* Assist in developing, training and reviewing all pertinent instrument/electrical programs and procedures including Arc Flash Hazards and electrical integrity
* Work closely with production and maintenance personnel to reduce or eliminate down time
* Work cooperatively and support plant maintenance personnel, and contractors to achieve completion of workload in a safe, efficient manner
* Accomplish all other tasks, work orders, cleaning assignments or other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager
* Must be willing to learn and understand the basic operation of the plant process for a better understanding of how the equipment and instrument/electronic controls operate and are utilized
* Maintain licensing by attending state required code classes
* Support efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
* Communicate maintenance performance to the Maintenance Lead/Manager and carry out all directives from the Maintenance Lead/Manager
* Effectively communicate with Maintenance team and other departments to keep them informed and resolve issues
* Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and orderly organization of electrical work areas, MCC rooms and electrical enclosures
* Safe work practices are a condition of employment. Report any safety issue or problem to your supervisor and safety coordinator immediately
* Focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
* Actively promote GLE’s vision, mission, and values with employees, outside vendors, and customers
* Be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work
* Be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
* Maintain high level of customer service
* Other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent required
Previous educational training and/or certification in electronics and/or instrument/electrical is required
* Extensive working experience in electronics, electrical wiring, and instrument/electronic/electrical troubleshooting is required
* Must obtain Journeyman’s, Contractors/Master’s License within one year of hire.
* Must have two (2) to three (3) years of extensive electrical experience within the maintenance field or related fields, experience in ethanol plants highly desirable
* 4-20 mA analog control wiring and troubleshooting in a PLC/DCS environment
* Knowledge of ladder logic
110V AC and 24V DC discrete control wiring troubleshooting in a PLC/DCS environment
* PLC/DCS I/O troubleshooting experience
* Calibration, configuration, and repair of measurement/control instruments for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and pH including associated valves and valve actuators
* Power systems up to 4160v 3 phases
* A current Electrical License is required
* Must have experience with computer programs such as MS Word and Excel
* Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations are also a requirement
* Must be able to communicate clearly in English
* Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending account-save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses.
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plant with company match – to prepare for your future
* Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement. – encouraging growth
* Paid Holidays, Personal/Vacation and Sick Leave – encouraging work-life balance.
TO SEE A COMPLETE LISTING AND TO APPLY VISIT www.glaciallakesenergy.com
GLE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com