Website Ag Express Electronics
Do you enjoy seeing tangible results at the end of your day? Would you like knowing that your skills are important for building solutions to help farmers throughout North America and sometimes worldwide? Can you face challenges with a positive attitude and a sense of humor? If so, then read on, because you may be the ideal candidate for this position!
Ag Express Electronics is a 100% employee-owned, Des Moines, IA-based company specializing in the repair, calibration, and maintenance of electronics equipment used in the agricultural industry. Additional services include the design and production of custom wiring harnesses and after-market interfacing of competitive OEM implements and machinery.
We are currently seeking full-time Electronics Technicians to work in our Grand Island, NE facility.
The Electronics Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, repair, and maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
This position is full-time. Typical work hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday. There is variable seasonal overtime usually February through May that often requires evening and Saturday work.
Essential Job Functions
- GPS guided steering and control system component work
- Repair of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment such as servos, flow meters, grain analysis equipment, implement monitoring and control equipment, and vehicle instrumentation
- Test faulty equipment and apply knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose causes of malfunction
- Test electronic components and circuits to locate defects using oscilloscopes, signal generators, ammeters, and voltmeters
- Replace defective components and wiring, and adjust mechanical parts using hand tools and a soldering iron
- Align, calibrate, and adjust equipment according to specifications
- Maintain records of repairs, calibrations, and tests
- Enter repair and testing data into a computer
- Communicate with customers directly to provide support for the equipment we service
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
- Service-oriented, positive attitude
- Flexibility, good common sense, and an outgoing personality
- Minimal supervision needed; works well both individually and as part of a team
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use standard office equipment, including printers, scanners, etc.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in electronics/technology, related military training or equivalent work experience
- Experience reading circuit schematics and electrical wiring diagrams preferred
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
We have adjusted workspaces to provide recommended social distancing and have added plexiglass dividers as needed. All employees wear a mask (provided) when in common areas. Additional cleaning procedures are also in place to keep us as safe as possible.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Grand Island, NE 68803 (Required)
- drivers (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Are you willing to demonstrate your electronics knowledge or take a brief test during an interview?
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.