Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Website Brown Clinic, PLLP
Personal Care from The People You Know and Trust
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
2. Assists with the preparation of supplies and equipment, and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients. This may include house calls as physician requests.
3. Observes, documents and reports to physicians the patient’s condition and reaction to drug and treatments.
4. Oversees appointment bookings and ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients. Adjusts schedule to meet needs of physician and nurse.
5. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Clarifies appointments.
6. Assists scheduling department with setting up tests and procedures. Arranges for admissions with appropriate information to other facilities.
7. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions as directed by physician. Communicates to pharmacies, nursing homes, care centers and therapists with orders as physician instructs.
8. Orders, prepares and inspects patients’ charts. Posts tests and examination results. Files reports in charts. Prepares educational material for patients as requested by physician.
9. Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
10. Responsible for accurate and complete documentation needed to maintain state vaccine program.
11. Responsible for maintaining autoclaves and processing equipment according to protocol.
12. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
13. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
14. Assists with writing policies and procedures.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality.
16. Performs related work as required.
The aforementioned statements reflect the general duties that are necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients. Knowledge of patient education principles to develop a self-care program. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Knowledge of universal body precautions. Skill in administering a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in using various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly. Computer knowledge helpful.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing
Experience: Prefer previous clinic background.
Certificate/License: Valid state license to practice practical nursing. CPR certification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com