Stretch the Million/Build Dakota
The Build Dakota Scholarship Fund was established in 2015 by generous business leaders and forward-thinking lawmakers to address South Dakota’s workforce challenges. Lake Area Technical College is proud to facilitate the Build Dakota Scholarship program that supports students entering high-need workforce fields in South Dakota. The program goal is to help close the workforce gap in these high-demand careers by graduating highly skilled workers. In an effort to ‘stretch’ the available dollars in the Build Dakota Scholarship program, we invite our industry partners to consider this unique opportunity to participate as a “Stretch the Million” partner.
How it Works
- After choosing a student scholar, the “STM” partner commits to paying half of the expenses of their Build Dakota Scholarship. The scholarship supports tuition, fees, books, and other required program expenses in the eligible college program.
- By accepting the full-ride scholarship with an STM partner, the student commits to working three years (minimum) for the partner, full-time in their field, in South Dakota.
- Free education
- Guaranteed employment
- Potential on-the-job training
- Alternative upskill for current employees
- Access to a pipeline of new talent from Lake Area Tech
- Guaranteed highly skilled employee
- Free advertising on the Build Dakota & Lake Area Tech websites
South Dakota Impact
- Aids in filling South Dakota’s workforce shortage
- Scholars live and work in South Dakota
- Local businesses thrive with highly skilled employees
Become a Stretch the Million Partner
Please contact us for more information about how to become an STM partner!
Sign up to receive email alerts featuring upcoming opportunities for business and industry to partner with Lake Area Tech, including Build Dakota Scholarship / Stretch-the-Million partnership, Career Expo events, upskill and training opportunities, getting involved in the classroom and much more — Subscribe now!
Build Dakota/Stretch the Million Partners
|B & R Truck Repair|
|Gail & Delores Miller|
|Mobile Mechanic, LLC|
Additional Companies Interested in Cohort 9 Partnerships
Brookings Auto Mall
Dakota Land Design
Dakota Storage Buildings
East River Contracting
Full Circle Ag
|General Equipment & Supplies|
Good Samaritan Society
Jarrod Smart Construction
Kennebec Telephone Co
Mobridge Regional Hospital
|Big Stone City|
South Branch Farms
Vander Haag’s Inc
Yankton Medical Clinic
*Watch for updates in the coming weeks.