- Please be aware of all application deadlines.
- Click here to apply online.
- Your application will be considered incomplete if it’s missing any of the following:
- A $25 non-refundable application fee (your application will not be processed without submitting the fee along with your online application).
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Your ACT or ACCUPLACER test scores (Some Lake Area Tech programs require additional testing, please check under Academics for the requirements of the program in which you wish to enroll).
- After applying online, your transcript and test scores can be mailed to:
- Admissions Office
- Lake Area Technical Institute
- PO Box 730
- Watertown, SD 57201
- Once you are accepted, you will be required to pay a $150 dollar holding fee. Of that, $25 is non-refundable, and $125 applies towards your tuition. Notify us by July 1 if you will not be attending Lake Area Tech for the fall semester, or by Dec. 1 for the spring semester, and we can reimburse $125.
Please contact us with any questions.
Transfer Students: Lake Area Tech must receive an official transcript from the institution you are transferring from before transfer credits can be awarded. We will only transfer credits that apply to your Lake Area Tech training.
Please click here for Immunization Requirements and other Health Information.