If you’re wondering if online learning is for you, you’ve come to the right place! This section will explain what online learning is, if it’s right for you, and the steps required to become an online student at LATI.
Earning a degree today is more convenient than ever with the evolution of technology! Online learning is a great option for people who are working, raising a family, or who live a long distance from campus.
- Online learning brings campus-based classes to the student via the Internet.
- Classes are taught by the same faculty members who teach the on-campus classes and the same college credits are earned.
- Online coursework may include written instructional documents, videos or audios of lectures, and/or demonstration videos relative to completing the assignment.
- Classroom textbooks and printed materials may be used in combination with the online course materials.
- Email, forums, electronic bulletin boards, chat rooms, and electronic assignments may be utilized during the course.
Assignments are completed (by the assignment due date) when it’s convenient for the student. Since the materials are available 24/7, students have access to the coursework when it works into their work or family schedule.
Since students manage their own learning, they need to be self-disciplined, motivated, and proficient using a computer and a web browser. Online learners can expect to spend as much time studying, or perhaps even more time, than on-campus students.