Fabrication Shop Welder
TOTAL FIRE PROTECTION
Job duties include handling, measuring, laying out, and cutting various sizes of sprinkler pipes. Also responsible for welding several different types of pipe fittings to pipe and testing to ensure welds meet specifications. Additional responsibilities include organizing pipes by job site or order. Steel Fabrication is also required.
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Able to work for extended periods of time on your feet.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Requires organizational skills.
· Able to read a tape measure.
· Must have a very good working knowledge of the following:
o Plasma Cutting Machine
o Acetylene Torch
o MIG Welder
o Pipe Cutter
o Rigid 300 Machine
Essential Job Functions:
· Carry, lift, or transport steel or plastic pipe and sprinkler fittings.
· Cut the pipe to various lengths called for on cut sheets.
· Layout pipe with multiple welded fittings in various locations on the pipe.
· Weld fittings to the pipe by means of Plasma Cutting Machine, Acetylene Torch, and MIG Welder as per specification.
· Test fabrication with air to ensure proper tolerances are met in the fabrication process.
· Label and place fabrication in properly assigned racks.
· Follow the direct leadership of the shop foreman.
· Must wear proper attire at all times while performing specific functions including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Full-length pants are required at all times.
· Proper use of PPE.
· Forklift training and certification.
· Safe lifting training.
· Back safety lifting and protection training.
· Common sense safety training.
· Keep work area safe/house cleaning training.
· Safety rules for power tools.
· Welding Certification (as needed).
· Frequent lifting with neck, arms, back, and legs.
· Frequent motion with wrist, arms, back, and shoulders.
· Extended periods of time on feet.
· Handling of sharp objects.
· Handling of hot objects.
· Susceptible to sparks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org