Control System Specialist
Website Sweeney Controls Company
Meeting the Needs || Exceeding the Expectations
Sweeney Controls Company, a Fargo-based, family-owned control system integrator, is looking for a Control System Specialist for our Sioux Falls, SD office.
A great team member will strive to live up to our mission of honesty, integrity and superior customer service. Their default attitude is “Sure, I can do that”. Their eyes light up when talking about their work. They are open to new ideas and constructive feedback. They do what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. They recognize needs, and take care of them without being asked. If you want to love your job, we want to hear from you!
The Control System Specialist will program and implement PLC/HMI based control systems; read schematics; and work with process concepts and industrial communication networks.
The position requires a great deal of flexibility to work with a variety of applications in a variety of industries and to be able to quickly understand the systems’ function. The Control System Specialist will work with Systems Architects to program systems that will meet the functional requirements and test the programs. They will also work with Field Service Technicians during project startups, requiring periodic travel.
· Write structured, well-documented, error-free PLC programming code in any of the 5 IEC standard languages, which includes ladder diagram, function block diagram, structured text, instruction list and sequential function chart, to automate system tasks using Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric and/or GE equipment
· Design intuitive, professional, easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing HMI interfaces using Rockwell FactoryTalk View, Wonderware, and/or GE Proficy software
· Program reports in Excel, Access or other software
· Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities as required
· Thoroughly test programs through Factory Acceptance Testing
· Provide off-site support for Field Service Technicians and existing systems
· Provide on-site system commissioning support as required
· Maintain a current technical skill-set
· Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for…
· BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or 2 year associate degree in Electrical or Electronic Technology or related field
· Minimum 2 years experience with control systems or automation
· Mechanically inclined
· Excellent analytical skills for visualization and problem solving
· Well organized and detail oriented
· Competent oral and written communication skills
· Enjoys giving excellent customer service
· Ability to produce quality work despite constantly changing priorities
· Thinks using a cell phone to control an entire manufacturing line is pretty cool
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 401K with company match
· Company-paid Life Insurance
· Donut Thursdays
· Paid Time Off
· 7 Holidays
· Monthly breakfast with the boss
To apply for this job please visit www.sweeneycontrols.com.