The Engineering Technician supports the project team to transfer assembly knowledge from the customer and improve and implement assembly process to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
· Advises Customer Focused Team concerning assembly processes, manufacturability analysis, and observed quality issues. Designs and constructs fixtures and provides technical support to the assembly line.
· Contributes to the development of process documentation such as manufacturing procedures, checklists, troubleshooting guides, and assembly quality plans with Documentation Specialists. Uses these systems to train core assemblers for rapid transition of production responsibility to production personnel.
· Maintains ongoing presence in assembly cell to evaluate process and seek operator feedback. Responsible for initial tool list and provision as well as modifying work stations supplying power, air, and other manufacturing aids as required. Assists the Maintenance team in trouble shooting as required.
· Provide technical expertise to production personnel advising Spartronics management on continuous improvements. Advises Customer Focused Team on cost changes, cycle time estimates, project approach and customer interface as requested.
· Education/Experience: Associates degree or equivalent experience minimum.
· Time Management: Ability to track and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment with several simultaneous projects.
· Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Full color vision is an essential job requirement. Color identification test may be required pre-hire.
· Computer Skills: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail
Spartronics LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer – EOE/MF/V/D.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.