Equipment Technician – Mechanic
South Dakota State University
The SDSU Facilities & Services Department is seeking a skilled mechanic to join our team. This position will support our mechanical team by providing service and repairs to building equipment (generators, exhaust fans, compressors),general maintenance to the automotive fleet (oil changes, tire rotations, brake repairs), and assist with repairs to large and small off-road equipment.
Job Responsibilities: Perform skilled automotive work on vehicles, construction/off road equipment, and building equipment. Routine service work, repair and maintenance of engines, brake systems, hydraulic systems, cooling systems, drive lines, ventilation, exhaust, heating and air conditioning systems, minor body and trim repairs, electric motors, generators, exhaust fans, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Building and equipment maintenance and repair (i.e., automotive, air compressors, generators, exhaust fans, HVAC equipment, loaders, tractors, etc.) or willingness to learn.
· General mechanical knowledge of various equipment including diesel, gas, small engines, and electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems or willingness to learn.
· Math skills include fractions, percentages, and geometry.
Skill & Ability to:
· Work safely with a variety of hand and power tools.
· Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Work in extreme temperatures and various locations including tunnels, rooftops, and ag sites.
· Communicate clearly and have good customer service skills.
· Respond to emergency/urgent issues after hours or on weekends.
· Work independently with minimal supervision and work as a team player with a positive attitude.
Required License: Valid driver’s license is required.
Comments: This position is classified as Equipment Technician. South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment. It is the policy of the university to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to the university’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Posting #: CSA01655P
Benefits: South Dakota State University offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee, spouse, and dependents; life insurance; long-term disability insurance; paid holidays; educational assistance; retirement plans; and a generous vacation accrual and sick day allowance.
Application Procedures: South Dakota State University accepts applications through an online employment site; to apply, visit https://YourFuture.sdbor.edu. [SE8307 – 80432]
To apply for this job please visit YourFuture.sdbor.edu.