Website Sisseton Wahpeton College
TITLE: CDL Instructor
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academics
SALARY: $38,000 – $49,581
TOUR OF DUTY: Nine (9) Months with potential Summer Contract
Provides quality training to produce skilled drivers to safely operate commercial vehicles and meet industry workforce needs. Perform duties related to delivering the appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to obtain their commercial drivers permit/license. Requires strong training skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work harmoniously with all levels of personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
· Communicate clear objective for all learning activities
· Use relevant technology to support instruction
· Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
· Conducts theoretical and initial and technical training classes for commercial vehicles, providing theory, simulation and practical applications for commercial motor vehicles
· Uses established training materials to present formal class training exercises and lab work to students
· Provides training in policy, procedures in compliance with all local, state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
· Uses established training materials to present training exercises and practice in preparing students to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.
· Provides hands-on training in advanced applications, training and testing preparations in vehicle inspection, skills/maneuvers, range and road driving skills required to meet and/or exceed requirements needed to successfully pass the South Dakota State Commercial Driver’s Test.
· A high school diploma or GED
· Must hold a valid class of CDL
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience driving a commercial motor vehicle requiring the CDL; or
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a behind-the-wheel commercial motor vehicle instructor.
· Ability to pass a background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.swcollege.edu.