Website Roers Construction
Carpenters use many different hand and power tools to cut and shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. They commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check of their work to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring increases productivity, reduces waste, and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
· Follow and demonstrate Roers’ Core Values of Respect, Opportunity, Partnership, Experience, Expertise and Community when working with team members, customers and our external communities.
· Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
· Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
· Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
· Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
· Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
· Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
· Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
· Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
· Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
· Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
· Work with and/or remove hazardous material.
· Building demolition
· Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
· Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
· Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
· Perform minor plumbing, welding and/or concrete mixing work.
· Able to follow and implement oral and written directions from crew foreman.
· Ability to work well without supervision and anticipate work that needs to be done.
· Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
· Ability to lift 75 pounds.
· Frequent standing, kneeling and lifting.
· Possible out of town travel during the week.
· Have tools that are required for position
· Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
· High School diploma
· 2-year construction or carpentry program preferred
· Minimum 2 years of experience on the job or any experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work. (prior construction work, farming or other physical labor position).
Carpenters work on many different types of construction projects, so their working environment depends on the type of project that they are working on. They will work both indoors and outdoors and will be subject to variable weather conditions (inclement, heat/humidity, cold, wind) and site conditions (exposure to dust, noise, etc.).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time to meet the business needs of the company.
From Concept To Completion, Roers Is Building Success & Stronger Communities.
To help build success, Roers team members must embrace and live out our Core Values:
· Respect – Do the Right Thing.
· Community – Give Back and Give Often.
· Experience – Providing Premier Experience.
· Expertise – Keep Learning.
· Partnership – Trust that Long Term Relationships Matter.
· Opportunity – Believe that Possibilities are Endless.
Roers is “building success and stronger communities.” With over 45 years of success, Roers is a family-owned company specializing in Development, Construction, Property Management and Real Estate.
Jim Roers founded Roers Construction in 1976 as a general contractor. After many years of experience and satisfied customers, the company discovered an increasing demand for design-build services, and Roers Development was formed. Roers Property Management and Roers Real Estate were created as Roers’ portfolio of commercial and multi-family residential owned properties grew and the need for experienced real estate experts in the market was increasing. Roers provides services throughout the region and has offices in the Fargo, Bismarck, and Dickinson communities.
At Roers, we look at every project or interaction with a client, resident, or community member as an opportunity. We understand one key to our success is high performing team members. We look forward to continuing to “build success and stronger communities” in years to come.
Learn more about Roers:
Roers is a drug free and equal employment opportunity employer and offers competitive wages and benefits including health, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO, 401K, paid holidays, and other benefits.
To apply for this job please visit roers.hireclick.com.