Website Otter Tail Power Company
Position: Environmental Specialist
Location: Fergus Falls, MN *Hybrid work opportunities available.
At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us to serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our employees’ impact can take many forms. In this role, the Environmental Specialist will ensure all environmental-related project details are properly managed to ensure that OTP can continue serve our customers and meet our mission.
Some examples of those activities will include:
· Collaborate with project teams to obtain permits and approvals from regulatory agencies.
· Review environmental field surveys, such as wildlife, wetland, critical habitat, and archaeological in order to optimize project opportunities and constraints.
· Ensure compliance with permit requirements and regulations via data and document review, and site inspections.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are driven to find win-win solutions and getting projects completed at an exceptional standard. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
· There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do people who are resilient through the challenges that sometimes come with change.
· We have a lot to accomplish so top candidates will be able to independently direct and manage their time and responsibilities. Balancing and prioritizing many initiatives including detailed planning and task delegation will be necessary to succeed.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal relationship skills as you partner with various internal and external teams and stakeholders.
· An independent thinker who is excited and driven to learn about our company including transmission and distribution systems and the various regulatory bodies we work with. A working knowledge of environmental surveys, federal and state environmental regulations, and permitting is preferred.
· To hit the ground running, foundational knowledge via a 4-year degree in engineering, natural sciences (especially biology or chemistry) is preferred. Equivalent job-related experience will be considered valuable as well.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help drive their career experience and goals.
· Competitive wage & benefit package.
· Training – our average employee spends hours in training and development each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
· Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
· Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center.
To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com. We’ll accept applications through June 1, 2023. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.