Why Mayo Clinic:
Mayo Clinic Ambulance Service is an advanced life support service that provides high-quality emergency medical care at the scene of traumatic or medical emergencies, or during transport to and between medical facilities, becoming the lifesaving link between early medical response and arrival at the most appropriate medical facility. Responding to more than 100,000 calls for service each year. As part of our total rewards package for employees, Mayo Clinic provides a comprehensive selection of benefits, including relocation assistance, to meet the needs of you and your family.
• Responsible for delivering and administering high quality care and transportation to ill and injured persons.
• Demonstrates clinical competency and compassion in providing for the physical and emotional needs of patients.
• Communicate and interview patients to determine best interest of care.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Experience as a Paramedic as well as an associate or baccalaureate degree in Paramedicine are preferred.
• Excellent judgment, self-disciplined and experience functioning independently in a non-structured environment
• Strong communication skills with building patient rapport.
• Must be proficient in English; must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
License or Certification:
• Current certification as a Nationally Registered Paramedic as well as current Minnesota and/or Wisconsin Paramedic licensure/certification.
• Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification and ACLS.
• Current ITLS or PHTLS and PALS certifications or must be obtained with 6 months of hire.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Mayo Clinic policy.
• ***$5,000 Sign-on Bonus with two-year commitment***
• Relocation – Eligible for candidates who live 70+ mile radius outside of the Albert Lea/Austin campuses.
• Employer provided continuing education
• Shift, days and times will vary and average 3 shifts/week – 12 hours per shift with every other weekend. Position requires flexibility and will involve travel between the Albert Lea and Austin locations.
• Compensation – minimum $23.56/hour plus shift differential. Education and experience is considered when job offers are extended. Eligible for benefits on start date.
• (7) Openings in Albert Lea/Austin.
• Apply online: https://jobs.mayoclinic.org/jobs/paramedic-144145br
• Contact Tammy Pfeifer (507) 284-0510 or Pfeifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mayoclinic.org.