Maintenance Engineer I
The Maintenance Engineer supports production by ensuring that robust manufacturing processes are in place by designing, building, installing and servicing mechanical machinery, components and tooling that produce product to specification while meeting desired process cycle times. Maintenance Engineer drives continuous improvement in equipment reliability, capability, throughput and cost. The Maintenance Engineer will assist R&D/CEG in assessing equipment needed for new products and innovations as well as building and designing prototypes. Position provides direction and leadership to maintenance department through analysis, problem solving and training. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work well with others in a team environment, work independently to get things done, the ability to mentor others working on related projects, and the ability to work with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Highlights of your role:
– Drive equipment reliability through downtime and failure analysis, preventative maintenance creation and review, and generation of equipment repair procedures.
– Identify, justify, and implement projects to reduce cost, improve processes, increase reliability, and enhance process capability.
– Assist in analyzing, identifying, and resolving production line problems, and will with the other support department to resolve issues.
– Assist Cust Equipment Group with research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
– Owns commissioning process for new production equipment installed at plant.
– Owns equipment process capability of machines in plant.
– Evaluate, spec, design and install new fixtures and machines; maintain and improve existing fixtures and equipment.
– Train Production and Maintenance personnel on equipment operation and maintenance.
– Support the EHS department to ensure manufacturing equipment complies with applicable regulations.
– Perform cycle time analysis, process capability studies, and perform product defect analysis.
– Read and create as necessary blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
– Investigate quality concerns to determine root cause.
– Develop and troubleshoot programming for CNC equipment and equipment programming logic.
– Investigate tooling alternatives and tooling applications in equipment to optimize, quality, cycle time, cost, and tool life.
You’re a good fit if you have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with two or more years of experience in manufacturing environment strongly preferred OR Associates degree with comparable experience
– Knowledge of MRP software preferred
– Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) required
– Knowledge/experience with AUTOCAD, Inventor, ISO standards, and Lean Manufacturing given preference
– CNC and equipment programming experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.