DSP (Direct Support Professional)
Website Human Service Agency
The mission of the Human Service Agency is to provide high quality human services that enable people to develop their fullest potential while maintaining the highest standard of ethical and fiscal responsibility.
Benefits & Perks:
– Paid Training
– Career Development Opportunities
– Full Benefits Package
– 401(k) with Company Match
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– Holiday, Vacation, Sick, and Bereavement Leave
– Referral Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Yearly Company Picnic
– Anniversary and Birthday Incentives
Description of Position:
The mission of New Horizons is to support people to achieve self-reliance, exercise control over their lives and realize their dreams and desires. The Direct Support Professional is to support people with disabilities either in their home, community, place of employment, or day services. You are responsible to assist each person supported to achieve personal outcomes that reflect their dreams, hopes, and desires.
Job Knowledge and Comprehension:
– Maintains security and safety of people we support.
– Staff is knowledgeable of assessment and processes used to discover the needs, preferences, and capabilities of the persons supported and how that information is used in development and review of the service plan.
– Follows methodologies of written training programs to ensure that the training provided is consistent and effective.
– Monitors crisis situations, discusses incident with authorized staff and people supported.
– Adjust supports to individual preferences and helps maintain a safe environment and complies with regulations for reporting.
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Successful completion of criminal background check.
Lifting requirements may exceed 50 lbs. during medical emergency situations and/or behavior support. Other physical activities include transferring people we support to and from wheelchairs, beds, and toilets. Job requires bending, stooping, climbing stairs, pushing/pulling, and driving a vehicle occasionally.
Join us in transforming people’s lives!
To apply for this job please visit www.humanserviceagency.org.