Set Up Mechanic
Are you good at puzzles and putting things together? Does it feel awesome to finish a project? If so, come in and talk to us! We’d appreciate walking through the Set Up Mechanic job together to learn if your skills, experience, and goals … and our dealership … make a good match.
A Set Up Mechanic at Haug Implement Co. sets up and performs pre-delivery on equipment, heading home knowing the customer is soon to get a ready-to-work machine!
Come grow with us as a SET UP MECHANIC!
Haug Implement Co. is a locally owned and operated John Deere dealership with locations in Willmar and Litchfield, Minnesota. We have a deep, rich heritage in agriculture and continually look ahead for innovation and growth.
We’re devoted to our family-oriented work environment and value the opportunity to create long-term relationships with our employees. Come work with great co-workers in a place where the manager’s door is always open.
We pay your health insurance premium, offer valuable additional benefits, pay competitively, and offer training and growth opportunities.
• Sets up and performs pre-delivery on new equipment
• Prepares equipment for delivery to the customer
• Reconditions equipment
• Performs basic diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed
• Performs repairs
• Loads and unloads equipment as needed
• Provides complete and thorough work order documentation on set up and pre-delivery, diagnostics and repairs performed, parts used, and time worked
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
• Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment
• Maintains a clean, professional personal appearance
• Reports to work on time
• Employs good time management skills and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrates good work ethic
• Communicates effectively one-on-one and in groups
• Maintains a positive and professional working relationship and works cooperatively with co-workers and management
• Exhibits a constant commitment to customer service
• Promotes the service department to customers including service work, inspections, and parts
• Completes training required for the development of skills and knowledge
• Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
• Follows all safety rules and regulations
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• One or more years’ experience preferred
• Experience with set up, pre-delivery, and repair following technical manual procedures
• Experience with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
• Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes
• Experience with basic computer functions
• Experience using Service ADVISOR™ or other computer based diagnostic tools preferred
• Able to lift, bend, and carry
• Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required
• CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org