Corporate HR Manager
Website Falcon Plastics
WHERE VISION TAKES SHAPE
We are looking to add a Toolmaker to our Brookings, SD team!
In this position, you will set-up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Plans sequence of operations, visualizing shape of mold in reverse of product.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Identifies machining specifications to set up and operate machines such as numerical EDM, CNC mill, lathe, manual mills, surface grinders, band saws, etc. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and EDMs.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Completes preventative maintenance on molds and components as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete mold assembly.
Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Grinds, files, and sands parts to fit parts for assembly and to polish smooth and finish cavities.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, molds and equipment, and tests operation of the unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Operates metal welding equipment to rebuild or fabricate parts.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketches of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with production personnel, supervisor, or other toolmakers to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Performs all toolmaker tasks with lowest cost and scrap as well as highest efficiency and accuracy.
- Works cooperatively with Production and Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting manufacturing problems.
- Investigates issues at the press and works with team approach to develop tooling plans.
- Participates in ordering supplies and other materials.
- Manages vendors when outsourced work is required for specific projects.
- Develop and adhere to project timelines and give periodic
Education and/or Experience: One or two year Certificate from college or technical school and 1 – 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Software Knowledge: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCad; and Microsoft Office applications.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To apply for this job please visit www.falconplastics.com.