Website Enercept, Inc.
Job Title: CAD Drafter/Designer
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Operates Computer Aided Design (CAD) computer system to create accurate, detailed drawings that are utilized in the manufacturing of Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS) and the construction of buildings. These detailed drawings may incorporate the input of engineers, architects and surveyors and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Other duties may be assigned including cross-training and/or working in other departments.
- Design floor plans to fit panel system using AutoCAD and panelizing software (hsbCAD).
- Coordinates the collection of data and incorporates this information into drawings.
- Consults in a professional and timely manner with customers, dealers, internal team members, architects, engineers, and surveyors while preparing precise drawings.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized filing system for customer and production drawings.
- May be required to draw finished designs from sketches.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with a variety of the field’s basic concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Modify and revise designs to correct deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Accountable for providing prompt and accurate drafting support to customers, dealers, and other team members as needed or requested.
- Takes independent actions as needed to accomplish a 120,000 square foot of panel produced annually.
Education and / or Experience: Two (2) years of post-secondary education in Drafting Technology including CAD instruction or equivalent experience of five (5) years.
Skills: Technical knowledge of CAD techniques and specific software such as AutoCAD and hsbCAD. Working knowledge of terms, procedures, and components used in manufacturing and construction industries.
Strong project management skills, along with PC software skills with both Word and Excel.
This document does not constitute an offer of employment or create an employment contract of any kind. Any job offer will not provide a contract other than an at-will relationship between Enercept Inc. and employee.
Enercept has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions of the position have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Enercept is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com