Operational Technology Technician – Housing Assistance Provided!
Website Eagle River Water and Sanitation District
Clean Water. Quality Life.
The Operational Technology Systems (OTS) department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for advanced design, installation, testing, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of industrial electrical, instrumentation, and controls devices and systems associated with the production, treatment, storage, transmission and distribution of the district’s water and wastewater facilities. This important work enables us to do what we do best: provide reliable water and wastewater service to our customers in a safe and efficient way.
We are looking for a dynamic, positive, and team-oriented professional to join our team as an Operational Technology Systems (OTS) Technician. This is a great opportunity for someone with a hunger to learn and build upon their existing skills with a team that consistently adapts to new technology and system improvements. An ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in industrial electrical work and/or a passion for controls and programming work. If you have a desire to learn, share knowledge, and collaborate with the rest of the OTS team, we want to meet you!
Why work for us? This is a great opportunity for someone who values daily variety, working with a wide range of technology, and contributing to a high performing team. Additionally, we have excellent benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage, employee housing & stipend program, relocation assistance (if applicable), retirement savings plans, and ample opportunities for professional development.
The Day to Day:
· Support: Drive and support various initiatives by troubleshooting electrical, automation, instrumentation, and controls systems; inclusive of but not limited to sump pumps, motor control and pump control panels, installing wires, conduit, power distribution devices, motor starters, PLCs, probes, sensors, alarms, HMIs, and VFDs according to current electrical code and industry standards. Respond and resolve tickets from customers for OTS related concerns.
· Electrical: Troubleshoot, configure, install, and maintain the following: Electrical motor control circuits, MCC’s, ATS/MTS, trailer mounted generators, VFD’s and Soft Starters, relay logic, red line drawings, and breaker coordination understanding,
· Controls: Work with plant leadership and partners to improve the ICS (Industrial Control System). Ensure compliance to technical guidelines and standards on all projects and work. Provide installation, support, and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control loops. Basic monitoring and maintenance of an industrial controls network infrastructure.
· Systems: Makes recommendations on upgrades of existing electrical, controls, and mechanical components/equipment as new technology dictates and identify strengths and weaknesses of current equipment. Order parts, supplies, and materials to maintain and repair all equipment within district facilities.
· PLC Technician: Support or design implementation of PLC and HMI programming and alarming and workflow development.
· Collaborative communication: Respectfully communicates with peers and the public. Demonstrates a strong work ethic, integrity, positive attitude and is a team player. Demonstrate tact and professionalism in communication.
· Administrative responsibilities: Completes administrative functions correctly and on time including purchasing card reconciliation, time entry, scheduling, and reading emails. Maintains and secures all assigned district tools, trucks, and Personal Protective Equipment.
· Shared Services and Compliance: Update documentation to reflect project updates and changes. Provide 24/7 rotational on call availability for support to all plant & field systems. Together with leadership team, ensures compliance with CDPHE (Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment), in addition to staff requirements. Maintain the GE Proficy database & Historian Administrator (iFix) to ensure proper historical data collection.
· Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the first line of OTS support for the entire organization. Collect the requests for new functionality and features or revisions to existing controls narratives from the various plants. Works collaboratively with all departments and district staff.
· Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District. Demonstrates a willingness to learn from more experienced technicians and develop skills through on-the-job training.
· Values: Demonstrates a willingness to work independently in a team environment. Embraces the safety culture at the district and follows all safety protocols. Demonstrates a strong work ethic, integrity, a positive attitude and is a team player. Embraces District mission, vision, and values.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates or higher-level degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation, Industrial Controls, Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Trade School, or another related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience and/or training in computerized process control systems, electrical work in compliance with NEC; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Candidate should have working knowledge of electrical theory and industrial control systems including PLC programming, HMI design & programming, instrumentation, and network infrastructure. A strong background in industrial electrical troubleshooting and installation in compliance with NEC is strongly preferred.
· Must have proven experience and ability in electrical/mechanical and electronic troubleshooting techniques. Must have experience in the use of electrical test instrumentation devices such as multimeters.
· Electrical diagram reading and comprehension strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with electrical safety and general maintenance, including 480 volt or three-phase electrical circuits required.
· Working knowledge of radio communication technologies preferred.
· Good communication skills, verbal and written, to work with plant personnel and vendors.
· Demonstrated proficiency with computers, mobile devices, and Microsoft Office software.
· Previous experience working within a VM environment preferred.
· Trained and knowledgeable in Arc Flash Safety and NFPA 70E preferred.
· Experience with GE Proficy (iFix) software and VBA experience preferred.
· Knowledge of hand tools used in installation of wiring and equipment.
· Journeyman Electrician license, CWEA certification, or ISA certification preferred but not required.
· Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
· Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
There are four levels of OTS Technician (Trainee, 1, 2, 3) with different titles and pay ranges depending on certifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Pay range and title depend on certifications and experience. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range. Pay ranges for each level are as follows:
· OTS Technician Trainee: $26.36 – $36.92
· OTS Technician 1: $29.53 – $44.28
· OTS Technician 2: $32.75 – $49.13
· OTS Technician 3: $36.03 – $54.04
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
· Employee housing and $361 monthly housing stipend program
· Wellness program
· Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
· 13.5 Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
· Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
· $400 Annual Recreation Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Ski Pass, Electrical Vehicle, and Computer loan programs
Click HERE to learn more from our full 2022 Benefits Guide.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by September 30, 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.erwsd.org.