Network Administrator – Housing Assistance Provided!
Website Eagle River Water and Sanitation District
Clean Water. Quality Life.
Eagle River Water & Sanitation District is growing! The IT department is looking for an experienced Network Administrator to join our team. The Network Administrator will join a team of experts working to maintain and build our secure system by managing, supporting, and troubleshooting data networks for 24/7 operations. The IT team is responsible for delivering the best technology support possible to all departments, which enables ERWSD to do what it does best: provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
If you are a motivated problem solver who is not afraid to think outside of the box and do what it takes to come up with creative solutions, we want to meet you! You can be an independent go getter, but also love to work on team of strong communicators and collaborators. You may have great knowledge of dynamic writing protocols, advanced switching, point-to-multi-point radio systems, or NSX micro segmentation. The ideal candidate is equally excited about sitting at a computer as working in the field at remote mountain sites and climbing radio towers. This is a hybrid role of in-person and remote work, and no day will look the same.
Why work for us? This is a role where you will be able to apply your technical skills to serve your community and help protect the environment. Additionally, we offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage, employee housing & stipend program, relocation assistance (if applicable), retirement savings plans, and ample opportunities for professional development.
The Day to Day:
· Perform a variety of technical duties in the installation, configuration, maintenance and operation of network systems.
· Communicate with teammates and various outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues or concerns; serve as a liaison between users, technicians, contractors, vendors and others.
· Understand and utilize advanced principles, methods and procedures of network system operations and maintenance including telecommunications, wireless networks and cyber security systems.
· Practices procedures, techniques and tools used in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, switches, diagnosis and repair of computer and network systems.
· Follow network diagnostic, firewall administration and dynamic routing protocols.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems with network equipment and related peripherals.
· Install and configure network hardware, cabling, network circuits, new devices and related equipment.
· Provide technical support and assistance to network users and translate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
· Operate a variety of tools and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of network systems.
· Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, managers, members of the public, agency representatives, and others encountered in the course of work.
· Generate and maintain reports, files and related records.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field or five years related experience involving the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of network systems.
· Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District’s standards.
· Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
· Holds NSE 4 and/or NSE 7 or NSE 8 certifications or must obtain NSE within 6 months of employment
· Must have knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of QOS/WAF administration, VMWare and Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
· Must obtain NSX training and certification within first year of position.
· Must obtain CEH within first two years of position.
· CCNA and/or CCNP certifications are desirable.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with little direction.
· The employee will be required to climb ladders and perform work at various heights, up to 50 ft, for extended periods of time and must be able to pull their own body weight, plus equipment-weight, up a vertical ladder repeatedly for extended periods of time.
The pay range for this role is $89,440 – $134,160. Starting salary depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
· Employee housing or $361 monthly housing stipend
· Wellness program
· Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
· 13.5 Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
· Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
· $400 Annual Recreation Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Loan programs for: Ski Passes, Electrical Vehicles, and Computers
Click HERE to learn more from our full 2022 Benefits Guide.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check. For a full position description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by December 23, 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.erwsd.org.