Orthodontic Technician/ Treatment Coordinator
Website Drake Orthodontics
Orthodontic office treating patient of all ages
Orthodontic Technician/Treatment Coordinator
Responsibilities: To perform all of the duties related to orthodontic assisting, including, but not limited to chairside assisting, sterilization, patient relations, laboratory, x-rays, patient education, and various miscellaneous cleaning duties. Duties will be expanded as needed.
· Assisting doctor with patients
· Assisting fellow staff
· Working independently with patients
· Greeting and escorting patients to and from operatory
· Updating patient charts accurately at each appointment (electronic charting)
· Patient/ parent education (Proposed treatment, home care, hygiene, etc.)
· Lab work as needed (x-rays, pictures, impressions, scanning, retainers, study models, etc.)
· Sterilization (preparation of instruments, operating Statim sterilizer, bagging instruments, stocking chairs, etc.)
· Other general duties as assigned
· Responsible for On Call phone periodically
· Good manual dexterity
· Ability to work comfortably with people (children and adults)
· Ability to work independently, quickly, and accurately, while being gentle with the patients
· Must be willing to travel to satellite office as needed & drive the staff van periodically.
· Must have a positive attitude toward job and co-workers
· Must abide by HIPAA and OSHA guidelines as set forth by the practice
· Must be in good physical condition (some lifting required up to 50 lbs.)
· Must be able and willing to stay after scheduled times if needed because of patient load and/or duties that need to be completed before the next day
· Must be flexible; work schedule is subject to change if the doctors need more appointment time available for patients or if the work schedule is shortened by the doctor according to diminished patient flow.
Supervision/ OBS/ Recall patients
Responsible for the observation and growth supervision patient flow and case acceptance. The Supervision T.C. handles the supervision patient from the time they walk in the door until they are ready for active treatment. The T.C. charts for the doctor during supervision appointments. If the patient is ready for active treatment, she will then explain the treatment plan and make acceptable financial arrangements. Her job is to be in relationship with her patients and to always know where they are with respect to starting treatment. She is fully responsible for all follow up on any patient that doesn’t make or keep recall appointments.
Primary responsibilities for Supervision patients:
Greet and seat supervision patients in clinic
Update health history, all patient and responsible party info, current dentist & last cleaning date. Chart for doctor during the office visit.
Dismiss patient and make future appointment
If ready for active treatment:
Present treatment plan
Make appointment for treatment
Make follow-up calls for missed and cancelled appointments after front desk has tried and failed to get the patient rescheduled.
Correspondence w/ dental offices if Tx requests are needed
Primary responsibilities for Exams:
Call all exam patients the day before their initial visit to confirm appointment, answering all questions regarding procedures, directions to the office, etc.
Greet and seat patient and parent after x-ray and photos have been taken.
Perform initial interview with patient and parent reviewing and completing health history form, verifying last/ next cleaning date, finding out what the main concern is, while establishing rapport.
Copy completed patient health history form for FC.
Brief doctor on the new patient interview as he reviews the x-ray and pictures
Introduce the doctor upon reentering the exam room
Chart for the doctor as he performs the clinical exam and reviews his treatment recommendations with patient and parent
Discuss recommended treatment plan using Dolphin Aquarium, visual aids, and any literature that pertains to their case.
Present treatment fees; make suitable financial arrangements; schedule appropriate appointments; complete informed consent.
Make calls to DDS or Oral Surgeon as indicated
If the patient does not schedule proposed treatment appointments, complete proper steps to follow up on the patient in order to get the patient to start!
Follow up on all pending patients with phone, email, and letters
Mature work ethic- Excellent attendance & punctuality
Outgoing, cheerful personality
Computer keyboarding and 10 key skills- WORD & Windows based programs
Strong verbal & communication skills
Sales experience helpful
Must be a Multi-tasker
Valid Driver’s license & willing to drive a 12 passenger van
SD state dental assistant license
DANB certification strongly preferred, or working toward that goal in near future.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com