Remote – Technical Support Engineer (2021-4261)
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
You’re a problem-solver and amazing with customers! You’re captivated by the way things work and can troubleshoot across systems and applications, analyze, and resolve a variety of complex technical issues, and comfortably navigate various software environments. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time. You’re not only here to help solve technical issues, but also provide an incredible customer experience. You have a personal commitment to success and are motivated by career growth potential. If this sounds like you, you could be the next Daktronics Technical Support Engineer.
Position can be located from any location. Various shifts and schedules are available and could fluctuate depending on geographic location, seasonality of events, and changes in customer demand.
We have been delivering innovative LED video, messaging, and scoring solutions for more than 50 years and have been certified as a “Great Place to Work”. We partner with clients to deliver integrated audio-visual solutions, backed by the industry’s most experienced and qualified service teams. From hometown retailers to major league stadiums to international shopping centers, let’s light the world one LED display at a time.
Customers and Events Daktronics Supports:
- Exciting major league customers such as the Atlanta Falcons, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Cardinals, and many more.
- Delivered exciting fan experience at the last 17 Super Bowls using our LED solutions and control systems.
- International Spectaculars and Sports Venues such as Piccadilly Circus, Tottenham Hotspurs, Optus Stadium, Qatar Foundation Stadium, Khalifa Stadium, Singapore Sports Hub, The Venetian Macau, Adelaide Oval, and many others.
- A wide variety of other customers from shopping centers and casinos to airports, gas stations, government facilities, military installations, and digital billboards.
- Ensure responsiveness and first-time resolution to customers’ requests for technical support primarily through incoming calls, ticket requests, and chat conversations.
- Troubleshoot and solve simple to highly complex hardware and software technical issues using logical troubleshooting approach with attention to detail.
- When needed, work with a team to resolve or escalate product issues.
- Periodically provide on-site support for service projects, event support, installations, and on-site technical service (amount of on-site technical work could vary based on geographical location and seasonality).
- Actively create and update knowledge base articles for internal/external use.
- Ability to actively listen to customers and use Salesforce to quickly capture accurate detailed notes about troubleshooting, plans of action, and site-specific information for all customer interactions.
- Perform shift work and participate in an afterhours rotation which consists of providing technical support 24/7 during non-business hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Regularly participate in technical training on new and different products and systems to advance your technical knowledge for supporting Daktronics customers.
- Minimum of an Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ideal majors contain course work in electronics, networking, or computers. Examples include Information Systems, Network & Security Administration, Electronics Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology. Will consider non-technical majors if applicant also has previous experience demonstrating technical learning ability and aptitude.
- Previously demonstrated ability to pick up technical concepts quickly, retain that knowledge, and convey that knowledge to customers who have varying levels of technical ability.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with a variety of individuals in a positive, professional manner. Previous customer service and/or phone/call center experience preferred but not required.
- Effectively exercise discretion, independent judgment, and responsible time management.
- Comfortable working independently from a home office location and/or a physical office environment (dependent on geographic location).
- Strong computer skills required: Internet navigation, word processing, spreadsheets, and strong proficiency with Microsoft Operating systems.
- Able to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal. Preference will be given for additional fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or French.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.