Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics operates paint booths located in the proximity to their product responsibility. The booths are equipped with Kremlin paint and primer systems. The Kremlin guns are classified as air mix. The painters share a kitchen area where all of the paint and paint components are stored. Painters are required to perform preparation, mixing, and application duties. Employees working in the paint booths are required to pass a pulmonary function test to establish a baseline to monitor employee health. This test also qualifies employees to wear respirators. Daktronics uses fresh air positive pressure hoods for respiratory protection while painting. A clothing change area has been provided to eliminate the need to take contaminated clothing home. Paint uniforms are cleaned by a local service. Paint shoes are covered by the safety shoe reimbursement policy.
The shift for this position is 4:30pm-3:00am, Monday-Thursday.
- Take instruction from the paint department leadership team, report accomplishments and constraints to the paint department leaders, and communicate goals and priorities with co-workers.
- Perform work in the order desired through communication with the paint department leaders.
- Must identify and produce a quality product as required.
- Organize and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Clean and maintain spray equipment as deemed necessary.
- Continuously seek methods to improve quality, productivity, and knowledge in the paint department.
- Attend training as deemed necessary to keep safety training and skills current.
- Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours. Work overtime as needed. Work in other departments as necessary.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear, and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
- High school diploma/GED required. Prefer training in painting such as auto body.
- Experience with paint application and mixing operations are preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Function Test annually.
- Ability to work around solder, paint, solvents, and other paint materials.
- Distinguish and identify colors.
- Be able to lift and carry heavy (up to 45lbs) and/or awkward items, work with your hands and depending on workload, be able to stand and /or sit for the full shift.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to work in a 100-degree atmosphere in booth.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.