Welder 1 – 2nd Shift (Starting $20+/hr & $3.00 S/D)
Website Crenlo Engineered Cabs
The Welder is responsible for set-up and operation of advanced welding equipment. This position uses expertise to solve problems and eliminate scrap, rework and downtime while effectively repairing defective products. The appearance of the repair work must be at an acceptable level and meet high quality standards. The Welder is also responsible for operating robotic welding machines as needed and for making sure all work is done to specification. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multitasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operates all advanced level welding equipment including robotic welding.
- Sets up, troubleshoots and makes advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality.
- Utilizes as weld training contact for weld lines and provides mentoring to new welders.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, work order instructions, weld symbols and operate required tools involved in position.
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls.
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality.
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours a day.
- 1 year weld experience preferred but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Work Hours/Status:
- The 1st shift includes Monday – Thursday 5am – 3pm.
- The 2nd shift includes Monday – Thursday 3pm – 1am with a shift differential of $3.00/hr.
- The weekend shift includes Friday – Sunday 6am-6pm for a total of 36 hours and added weekend shift differential of $4.50/hr.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and competencies required of this position. Employees are held accountable for all aspects for the job, which are subject to change at any time. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
To apply for this job please visit www.engineeredcabs.com.