Paint Prep – 1st Shift
Website Crenlo Engineered Cabs
Built to last - our goal is to be your partner of choice.
We provide high-quality, on-time supply of engineered cabs to top OEM manufacturers in the agriculture, construction, forestry, military, mining, rail, and specialty truck markets. Our mission from concept design to volume production is leveraging our engineering innovations, manufacturing capabilities, and leadership team’s commitment to continuous improvement to deliver the best customer experience and build relationships that withstand the test of time. While our technology has evolved over the years, our concern for exceeding customer expectations has never changed.
The Paint Prep role prepares the product for painting by washing, masking, sanding and caulking product per instructions. The position is responsible for moving the product to the paint booth. The Paint Prep will also remove all tape and paper after the product is completely dry and maintains a clean and safe area. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all painting quality levels are met.
• Washes product assuring all oil and dirt is removed.
• Marks and masks off areas of product using tape and masking paper to protect it while
surrounding areas are painted.
• Removes and disposes of tape and masking paper after the paint is dry.
• Caulks cracks when necessary using pneumatic and hand-pump caulking guns.
• Moves product into the paint booth by pulling product on the conveyor line or by pulling loaded parts racks.
• Sands or otherwise prepares surface for painting.
• Handles paint, paint related materials and hazardous wastes properly.
• Performs necessary quality assurance measures and appropriate paperwork as required.
• Properly disposes of paint, thinner, rags, and masking paper as needed.
• Performs the duties mentioned above to run successive colors on the same product as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
• Intermediate mathematical skills
• Must be able to stand for extended period of time and exert moderate to heavy physical effort
with a minimum lifting requirement of 50 pounds
• Must be willing to travel as needed via most efficient means
• Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.