Machinist – 1st Shift (Starting $20+/hr)
Website Crenlo Engineered Cabs
The Machinist is responsible for machining simple parts or assembling into finished parts using lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses. The position must perform accurate and timely machining duties at a basic level. The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet or exceed the customer’s quality and delivery requirements.
- Basic operation of lathes, Bridgeport, type mills, vertical milling machine and performs fit-ups of simple parts.
- Reads micrometers, dial indicators and vernier calipers.
- Reads basic blueprints.
- Performs basic math related to machining of parts.
- Sharpens tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Safety conscious of self and others
- Lockout/tagout, fall protection, PPE, confined spaced training
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Crenlo basic safety training
- Complete knowledge of SOP manual
- Basic ability to read blueprints
- Basic math skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of material handling experience preferred
- Work Hours/Status:
- The 1st shift includes Monday – Thursday 5am – 3pm.
- The 2nd shift includes Monday – Thursday 3pm – 1am with a shift differential of $3.00/hr.
- The weekend shift includes Friday – Sunday 6am-6pm for a total of 36 hours and added weekend shift differential of $4.50/hr.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and competencies required of this position. Employees are held accountable for all aspects for the job, which are subject to change at any time. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
To apply for this job please visit www.engineeredcabs.com.