Fabrication Machine Operator – 1st Shift
Website Crenlo Engineered Cabs
Built to last - our goal is to be your partner of choice.
We provide high-quality, on-time supply of engineered cabs to top OEM manufacturers in the agriculture, construction, forestry, military, mining, rail, and specialty truck markets. Our mission from concept design to volume production is leveraging our engineering innovations, manufacturing capabilities, and leadership team’s commitment to continuous improvement to deliver the best customer experience and build relationships that withstand the test of time. While our technology has evolved over the years, our concern for exceeding customer expectations has never changed.
The Operator role is responsible for the safety, quality and productivity of the machine. This position is also responsible for timely processing of customer orders and flow of material, contributing to process
efficiency. The Operator must also provide timely, safe and efficient operation of machines. Will be responsible for correctly tagging the finished material and moving it to the next designation and stages as required.
• Receives instructions, material requirements, prints, and work orders for the job.
• Plans details of working procedure.
• Stages material in work area.
• Performs routine maintenance and machine set-up if necessary.
• Operates machine to perform necessary job on parts according to instructions and to blueprint specifications.
• Performs first piece inspection using one or more method to assure all dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
• Makes fine adjustments to machine to bring part within tolerances.
• Operates machine by performing all duties to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations.
• Performs periodic part inspection per job instructions.
• Places finished material on a pallet or in a container with the work order number and piece part number on the top piece of each separate item.
• Marks pallet with appropriate tag.
• Completes appropriate paperwork.
• Moves material to next destination and stages as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lead by example, coach and train
• Can read productions and log required documentation accurately
• Above average knowledge of machine process and steel defects
• Ability to write accurate reject reports
• Basic writing and math skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to read a tape measure and blueprints
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
• Ability to read all measuring devices
• Fully understands safety training and procedures manuals
• Ability to perform all required quality checks and surface inspection of material
• Frequently is required to stand and sit
• Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Forklift and crane license
• Safety training and procedures manuals
• Required OSHA safety training
• May require First Responder Training (1st Aid and CPR)
• Must have a valid driver’s license
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.