Full Time Nurse
Website Children's Home Society of South Dakota
Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children’s Home Society, you will truly Work for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
Children’s Home Society is currently seeking a Full Time Nurse to assess and manage health needs of children in accordance with the organization’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
What You’ll Do:
Your responsibilities as a Full Time Nurse would include:
1. May oversee admission and annual physical examinations and psychiatric evaluations.
2. Accompanies kids to medical appointments as needed.
3. Complete nursing assessment of new admissions.
4. Monitor and treat medical problems /pain and determine when physician should be contacted.
5. Review all medications received for accuracy with physician’s orders.
6. Prepare medications for off-site activities and home visits.
7. Order and administer medications; restock med carts.
8. Document/log all medical related information.
9. Enter in day school students in medical system as needed
10. Administer vaccinations for staff and kids.
What We’ll Love About You:
1. You are able fulfill responsibilities with little or no supervision
2. You are a team player and help promote a positive work environment
3. You are able to be organized and prioritize tasks to make sure deadlines are met.
4. You have great written and oral communication
5. You are responsible for handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
6. You are able to administer medications to kids as prescribed without deviation.
7. You are able to follow company/program policies and procedures to help ensure compliance.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm with on call hours answering questions over the phone.
Compensation: $47,912-$59,890 (Depending on Experience)
Health Benefits: Two health insurance options – Traditional Plan & High Deductible Health Plan with HSA (automatic employer contribution with enrollment in a HDHP). Vision. Dental.
Additional Benefits: Employer paid Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Short Term & Long-Term Disability. Additional Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident plans. Employee Assistance Program.
Student Loan Payments & Tuition Reimbursement: Qualifying employees are eligible for up to $200 per month in Tuition Reimbursement or Student Loan Repayment
Paid Time Off: Generous PTO package. 10 paid holidays. 8 hours “Day of Service” for volunteering in the community
Employee Referral Bonus: Current employees who refer an employee to work at CHS can earn up to $1,000.
Retirement: Qualifying employees receive a guaranteed employer contribution with 100% vesting
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required.
Bachelor of Science or Associates in Nursing preferred.
Valid nursing license in South Dakota.
Minimum 5 years nursing experience desirable.
CPR certification required
References that can depict level of interest in working with children desirable
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Residential environment focused on care of children with behavioral issues. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to physically restrain a child in ways taught by the Agency while being able to verbally communicate to the child and other staff. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EEO/AA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.