Website Agri-Cover, Inc.
Established in 1981, Agri-Cover, Inc. is located in Jamestown, N
Handle the manufacturing automation processes and task, typically with automation software tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, testing, and deployment of automated processes, as well as maintenance of existing processes.
- Responsible for automation processes in the plant, this includes implementation, expansions, maintenance, base information, and all upgrades.
- Provide technical expertise and support to employees, engineering staff, and management, including but not limited to troubleshooting, material handling, safety procedures, and a broad range of the company’s automation applications.
- Coordinate and provide instruction on key programs and procedures.
- Must have exposure to SCADA system products and service offerings, including knowledge of radio/telemetry and Modbus communications protocols.
- Ensure compliance through training and inspections with all applicable regulations, electrical safety programs, OSHA, NFPA70E, work practices and industry/site specific work rules.
- Validate proper function of automated applications and work with engineering and leadership to ensure that automated applications operate per specified requirements.
- Liaison with other departments as necessary.
- Provide open feedback as issues with various products arise.
- Propose solutions to problems in an open reporting environment.
- Work with departments to help resolve issues in a timely manner, consistent with policies, regulations, and/or customer needs.
- Works within expense limits established.
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Assists in monitoring all automation work performed by outside contractors.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiencies.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of automation equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
- Ability to inspect automated manufactured parts with precision inspection equipment.
- Maintain records and perform calculations s needed for process/equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintain all automated machines to keep manufacturing from breaking down.
- Implements improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 2 years’ experience or associate degree in automation, controls, or instrumentation with 2 years’ experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Design software, Internet software, Manufacturing software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to convert units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org